• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Hangs While Uploading

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been around for several major releases of Adobe Muse. Apparently everyone knows about it but the developers since they never fix it. The symptom of the problem takes place when uploading to an FTP host under Mac OS (currently Sierra but has happened on at least two earlier releases). Upload proceeds and then mysteriously and randomly (although with certain version of Muse more or less frequently so the problem is some Muse system problem) it hangs. Network connection is dedicated internet link to server (can't get anymore connectivity than that). Muse can not be safely interrupted (design flaw) and must be terminated. Once this happens Muse completely loses track of what it has uploaded and needs to reload every single file (giant design flaw in how modified files are kept track of). This happens on both a fully loaded Power Mac (you can't get them anymore loaded with CPU cores, memory and solid state disk as this one) and on a fully loaded iMac (so please Muse developers don't ask if my machine is underpowered, perhaps yours are underpowered lol). I meet random people and if they happen to use Muse this upload problem is a point of common discussion (that I don't want to have anymore). This needs to be fixed by someone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Anyway, I have given up using the Upload to FTP Host since it is not reliable and Adobe doesn't know how to fix it. Solution is to export to a local folder a hard drive instead. This too is implemented in an obtuse way since you need to click on an odd looking link that opens up folder browser to select where you want the exported files to go. Export then proceeds, assuming it doesn't hang, but at least if it does it can not crash and burn your web site. Finally, get any one of many good third p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your frustration. Have you tried contacting Customer Support for assistance? Contact us | Adobe

If you have already done so, and are still facing issues, can you send me your case number over a private message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could teach your customer support more than they will ever know. There is a fundamental flaw in Muse upload that needs to be addressed. I am now uploading the entire 1024 files of the website due to the upload of a few small css files failed. Here is the analogy: A crime is committed in a country by two or three people. Solution: erase the population of the country and start over.

This is the MUSE approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for your frustration. I was only doing my best to help you.

If it is indeed a bug, the team can pass on the results of the investigation to the product team for their action. This is the reason I asked you to contact the support team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, thanks. This is a bad bug and has been so for a long time. The upload to FTP Host is not well designed code by the types of problems it causes. There needs to be more handshaking in the code with the remote host and also a way to bail without having to needlessly re-upload the entire site. Attached is a screen shot where it hangs while checking resource caching at 98% complete. This will have to be manually terminated and Adobe Muse looses its mind and have to re-upload the entire site. This is not a professional tool and reflects poorly on Adobe. Realize although Adobe is the king in this space, kings can topple and mediocrity is the mechanism for doing so. The problem its not a priority for Adobe to fix since the focus is feature blout.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 8.35.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe Muse software engineering is not technically qualified to make the Upload to FTP Host functionality work consistently then license someone else's technology that works and say Adobe developed it themselves as is Adobe's practice. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, I have given up using the Upload to FTP Host since it is not reliable and Adobe doesn't know how to fix it. Solution is to export to a local folder a hard drive instead. This too is implemented in an obtuse way since you need to click on an odd looking link that opens up folder browser to select where you want the exported files to go. Export then proceeds, assuming it doesn't hang, but at least if it does it can not crash and burn your web site. Finally, get any one of many good third party FTP tools and just upload. The first time you may have to upload all files due to the mess that Adobe Muse caused, but after that you are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also started to experience a similar issue. File begins upload and then hangs at 29%. Only a shutdown via task manager will resolve. I thought I must have got a bug in the Muse file, so I gave up and reverted to an older (working) version of the Muse project. But this has begun freeing on 29% too.  Back to Filezilla I guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also experiencing immense frustration with this issue. Upload stalls at 98%, After uploading to a local folder, I assume one then transfers html files and assets to root drive in order to update site? Rather nervous about the chance of wiping site.

It's astonishing to think Adobe could sell software with such a fundamental flaw. Muse has many bugs, but this is the most frustrating. At this point I seems like I've spent the last few months as a part of Adobe's R and D team, wasting weeks on some things that I could have done within half an hour in Dreamweaver, saying that Muse has saved many hours with things like coding forms and animation...in terms of workflow, it would seem that Muse gives with one hand and takes with the other...most frustrating, given I now have constructed an entire website using Muse, I must just wait for Adobe to address issues to gain any semblance of satisfaction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines