Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse HTML Structure and Naming

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I where wondering if I can speed up my design proccess by using Muse. But I handle certain HTML structure, think of the usage from: Article, Main, Section, Footer (Tags). Can I define the tag and or even ID's in the design proccess?

If it requires a plugin IM fine aswell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

That would not go into the details I will explain easier.

Muse does not help you to speed up the work in code.

Is it worth using the Muse code in a serious project? - No.

If you are a designer, then Muse in several orders allows you to speed up the work on design, in comparison with Photoshop. Allows you to design UX design, which is not possible in Photoshop. Allows you to quickly show results to the customer and quickly make adjustments, without the participation of the programmer, which greatl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot handle structure of html from muse. If you do so, with dreamweaver for example, you leave muse and loose features like inbrowserediting or just even working on the file in muse.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does muse handle some structure them selfs? I do not have Muse yet, first doing some research.

With this structure I mean naming convention of Ids and Classes and or there div soup. If there is any logic behind that I might do some doctoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse handles structure itself. Feel free to test it for free. Check one of the "starters", check the code and decide.

We have people in this forum (Hi  Pavel Homeriki​​), who use Muse for design and test purposes and finally code the whole stuff.

On the other hand a lot of people use Muse for serious websites.

I´m not coding except some stuff in html in head section, add some code here and there (very little), so you know which group I belong to.

If you are into coding and are interested in layout and design, go for it and check out both worlds.

How do you do Websites still now?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm a web-developer and I mainly build applications on Laravel or Website Software for others. This tool could help me make thing "real" quicker and make the website quicker. Only the ids and classes that will be used by muse ( On videos ) is terrible and that does not allow me to build a structured website or CSS Frameworks in any sense ( As a idea ).

But if Muse handles thing a certain way I might be able to make something that rename clases and redo some structure by a tool so that is why I want to know this.

Is there any chance I can get somewhere a couple Muse build websites, like 3 ( Onepage, multi page ( like 2-3), bigger website with more elements )

So I can start doctoring things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://musewidgets.com/collections/tutorials#starter-designs

A lot of "starters", hope that´s enough?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!

When I look at the way how they structure HTML and CSS it is a almolst a big mess, there is no way a human will code like this and is able to turn this into a 'template' that we as human can properly implement into a Laravel or something. Single pages and portfolios that does not include PHP things it is a amazing tool and I will defently use it for my Portfolio but bigger projects it is hard.

Html Structure thing and naming conventions will make this application too good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UhmImJoey

When I look at the way how they structure HTML and CSS it is a almolst a big mess, there is no way a human will code like this and is able to turn this into a 'template' that we as human can properly implement into a Laravel or something. 

Html Structure thing and naming conventions will make this application too good

Yes, Pavel says something like this, too .

Maybe it helps people from the muse team, to make it better?

As I am totally analphabetical, regarding code, I don`t care and I cannot even take care

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I willl see if I can make some feedback to them, only a couple things would make life way easier for devs that wanna use this tool as a little help. For example the breakpoints ( responsiveness ) is handeld bit weird. Where can I give Muse team feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would not go into the details I will explain easier.

Muse does not help you to speed up the work in code.

Is it worth using the Muse code in a serious project? - No.

If you are a designer, then Muse in several orders allows you to speed up the work on design, in comparison with Photoshop. Allows you to design UX design, which is not possible in Photoshop. Allows you to quickly show results to the customer and quickly make adjustments, without the participation of the programmer, which greatly speeds up the process of reconciliation.

If you are a programmer, then you should think about how you will handle the design made in Muse instead of the traditional practice of processing a layout made in Photoshop. Many programmers think in terms of stereotypes and do not want to understand that it's easier to work with the Muse layout and faster than with the Photoshop layout - do not use it, but recreate it in the source code, simply using Muse as a visual hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gorgeous, the kind of answer I like. Thanks from my side Pavel Homeriki​.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines