• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse image link Problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a little problem. I made a very simple one page muse web page with only one image and it works in preview, all is good.  When i export it with FileZille, and try to view this site, blank screen, the image link is lost. No image is visable.  When i check to see if the image is in the correct image directory folder on my site, yes it is. There are no assets issues with muse, so what am i missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

I'm guessing you did not upload files to the proper folder on your remote server.  The root folder is typically public_html or html or htdocs or www.  This varies by hosting plan.

At the moment, your domain is pointing to a default web page that appears to be generated by your c-Panel.  This is defintely not a Muse generated web page.   See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask, why you upload with file villa instead of using "publish ti ftp" out of muse?

This may not be responsible for your issue but makes it easier for you in future to upload only changes and the possibility to use

IBE. Could you provide a link to your site? How did you place the image? And how did you setup the link?

It may happen, that something is covering the image and so "hides" the link?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And: How many special characters (ä, ö, ü, &, …) are in the image’s file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/jojo+h3o  wrote

When i export it with FileZille, and try to view this site, blank screen...

What's the URL to your site?

Did you upload the image to your server?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had an issue with FileZille and found it to work quite easily while being seamless. I upload a very simple site one image standard web site and Text box.  All good except for the image.  No funny charas, called the image sad.jpg which is about were i now sit. No luck, hence i came up with an idea, use my hosts web site programs, so i randomly selected their "coming back so" or something like that and what do you know, same thing... Its now in the tech support for clarity.  You want a peek, coinsfromtheheart.ca  Will up date as i know or not... hum thks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you did not upload files to the proper folder on your remote server.  The root folder is typically public_html or html or htdocs or www.  This varies by hosting plan.

At the moment, your domain is pointing to a default web page that appears to be generated by your c-Panel.  This is defintely not a Muse generated web page.   See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that this isn't  a muse site but one of my host's offerings I used it so i could test the domain.  All files are were they should be and their software should know were to put things and build simple links... I do nothing but watch and see what happens, i think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not looking like its not a muse issues after all but other...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely not a muse issue, like Nancy already stated. So far you don`t use the correct root directory for your site.

Try to publish via Muse with "publish to ftp" fill in the credentials – you may leave the "folder on server" empty (in my case ftp://home15…  is followed by some more numbers - that´s just information, nothing to fill out here, because this window is step number two - step one is to fill out credentials like ftp, username and password):

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-07 um 09.10.25.png

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem.  Definitely no muse.. A root error in the main directory on the server.  Corrected the file and all is good!

Thanks for the help and suggestion. Now back to muse and its wonderment's....   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for informing us about the reason for the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines