Exit

Muse is dead, but we still have to pay.

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...now that's disgusting.

To discontinue a rented product is a clear breach of contract,

but Adobe still claims your money until the end of your yearly plan.

Apalling.

This ends my CC for good.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

this can be discussed.

We pay for a service.

That service stop be developed and updated ( It needs to be updated because the standards request that kind of job- we are not talking about photoshop...)

so why we need to pay in our contract that software?

ADOBE MUST ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be exported for use after migration.

I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse? and will be inviting our experts here to participate. Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran

but the question here in this post is about money

please answer to this point.

We will decide by ourself what to do after this sad news.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran is busy copy-and-pasting the same corporate reply to every email and not answering questions. Pathetic behaviour by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

somebody save Preran

somebody save us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse might be "around" for another year, but not on my computers anymore.

Does Adobe really expect us to start a new website project from scratch with a doomed software?

How would you explain to a client, that his new website will cease to be updateable to new design-trends within a year or so?

This is embarrassing beyond belief.

Muse is abandonded here as per now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe first released Muse I was able to quickly and efficiently build not one but several sites without having to go through mind-numbing code and/or having to face the "friendly" (not) Dreamweaver app. Like Illustrator was to PostScript coding, Muse was the logical answer and evolution that web-building needed. The decision to discontinue Muse is equivalent to Adobe announcing that Photoshop will be deprecated because “Illustrator can apply raster effects just as easily” … maybe that’s being considered too? Please do tell.

On top of that poor decision (and as if to underline “poor”), you cannot quite bring yourselves to tell us that “Muse will be effectively discontinued in a few weeks” but rather sheepishly inform us of “the end of new feature development for Adobe Muse CC” (… Come on! Really? Where’s your cojones?) and then add that, no worries because there are plenty of template based, code-free web site design services out there so we don’t even need to be creative anymore because we have so many beautiful templates to chose from! … and, get a load of this! if we are after single-page websites (?!) we can always use the template-based –and so, so cute– Spark app. Wow, tanks a lot! Will you include fries with that?

To top it all off, Adobe’s pompous assumption that "Designers that are actively engaged in creating complex websites…” are “… partnering with development teams to bring their designs to life” is … What? Where do you live, Adobe? Do you only serve big corporations with mega budgets? What about the countless users who are designers, production artists and developers all at the same time, working in small in-house one-person teams?

You are deprecating a very easy-to-use, brilliant, well-design application with no regard whatsoever for non-coding designers with no budget to hire code-savvy developers and leaving us with “nice templates and Spark” …  Are we supposed to feel all warm and fuzzy about that? Good job! No, really, GOOD, GOOD JOB! (and GOOD is a four-letter word).

A. Cathalifaud

San Jose, CA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness I only just began learning Muse. I really feel bad for those of you who have created your livelihood from Muse, which were my intentions as well. I committed to a year of CC so that I could learn Muse. Now it appears I will be ripped off without compensation. I will be discontinuing my CC subscription at the end of this cycle and I will never look back. I sincerely hope that multitudes of Adobe subscribers are doing the same.

Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was never nearer to switch to Affinity, already using blender 3D as the main tool and use Fusion (free version!!) in combination with After Effects. After Effects and Photoshop are the only ones keeping me for now but can be replaced within a year. For my academic courses at the ABK (Akademie der Bildenden Künste) Stuttgart, they already switched to open source and affinity, because Adobe requests a paid license per student. Maya and Max are still installed at the art academy because Autodesk is smart enough to provide free licenses.

Quite expensive considering there are around 800 people... And a lot of students do not even work mainly on the PC - some only paint and design a website once in 3 years or make a Portfolio. Others work on the PC all the time. To pay for all is ridiculous. Probably I will switch to Linux and leave Adobe together with Microsoft.

My decision is finalized by Adobe not answering in this thread to our points. Just imagine someone has built hundreds of websites with Adobe muse for his customers and all of them have to be replaced now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but no one complains when adobe adds new products at no additional fee.....  jus sayin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TRIUNEmm  wrote

but no one complains when adobe adds new products at no additional fee.....  jus sayin

It's perhaps the least they can do for stabbing all of us in the back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I speak for every Adobe Muse user and that is "We're angry". You should be. We've spent a lot of years invested into this program. Hours, and hours, and hours spent trying to make the perfect responsive site. (Hilarious statement, because I never truly made one perfect responsive website in Muse).

Coming on here and bitching at customer service is going to do nothing. At this point they don't really care. Why would they? If they truly cared even the slightest about the Muse users, they would've gone about this much more humanely. Not just throwing an atomic bomb in an email on the users and force us to continue paying. So obviously, Adobe just wants your money. The company cares more about money now than anything. (Which is even more obvious considering how many people would steal Adobe software in the past before CC).

So... that leaves us with some important questions about the future of Adobe and web design.

Will I invest more time in Adobe built web design software?

No. Not making that mistake again! I'd rather spend my money on a company that cares. A company that cares about it's users, their careers, and design in general.

Will I be cancelling CC?

Yes. I don't really know why I would pay for a program when it's discontinued (I agree with Falkomat). One of the biggest reasons I felt the desire to get Adobe CC in the first place was because of Muse and because of the integration between other programs like Illustrator and Photoshop. But since that's no longer going to be useful, I have no reason to use CC anymore. I also liked the BC websites, again, if those are gone, what's the point. And CC is really overpriced for most users. That's always annoyed the crap out of me, too. I only use a handful of programs and because of that I have to pay for all Adobe software? Again, add another point up to my theory that they only care about money.

Another thing that bugs me is why would I continue using Muse when it's dead? As of today, I am done with it. There's no reason to use it anymore if the code it generates will inevitably become useless. Sure you can export the code out to another program, but, at this rate, I might as well spend all that time instead on learning a new web design program. And considering how massively complicated it was to learn Responsive Muse, I am going to need a lot of time to start over from scratch.

RIP Muse. It was a good run. I really hope Adobe learns from their mistakes (they won't). Other than the fact that Muse needed a massive rebuild from the ground up, I am still disappointed mostly by how Adobe has treated us, their loyal customers. Good job guys. It's always a great sign for the future of a giant company when a MASSIVE amount of your customers now hate you.

Edit: Another thing I just thought of as well. I am feeling so sorry for all the companies out there that have built their entire businesses on Muse. Like, for example, Musethemes or Qooqee. I thought I was angry? Peanuts in comparison to how angry I'd be if I was them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's keep this in mind: Like in most large corporations, astute decisions like this are made by a handful of people, mostly concerned with finances (this we all understand), and who are experts users of one program: MS Excel but also frequently use MS PowerPoint (although they do need an admin to add or delete graphics) to present their very nifty, tidy ideas and charts with much underlining and bolding of large bulleted type to "the board".

This small financial committee or set of clever individuals –whose main concern is not the client– is what moves things ahead (hurray!) right on top of whatever ideas and vision the real innovators of a company might have.

For the Adobe Money-Minded-and-Very-Responsible Clever-Team, Muse is not at all an excellent, brilliant app around which a whole sub-industry has developed (in part fueled by Adobe's own implied promises of a Muse future) and one that has helped many, many users to created outstanding work, but instead nothing more that just a weird drawing-thingy (logo) with a figure attached to it.

They don't like the figure? Well, chop it off, write a lame, excuses-filled communiqué to "those people", and the problem magically goes away, right? ... right??  A.C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am LIVID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This apparent lack of respect for the numerous designers and clients who have supported BC & Muse is socking but also very Adobe—ish

Urban Dictionary: Adobe - the word that now means,

lacking in loyalty, integrity or decency.

im so pissed at Adobe (again) this time its a deal breaker, ill be done with CC for good.

It is great that there are so many good alternatives

to most Adobe software now and they are all getting better as ex Adobe users switch and support.

i cant wait to be free of Adobe for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finished with Adobe! As a student its already very expensive but the amount of other students i know that just used cracked versions is unbelievable but not me! I pay for Adobe, £21 /month and i always manage but hearing them release a statement regarding them discontinuing Muse really does irritate me seeing as its one of the best pieces of web design software on the market and yet Adobe gives up, now they are causing Muse-Themes to have a much more negative tone towards Adobe also so please change ur mind before it's too late! I pay every month because I thought Adobe were one of the best creative companies around that treats their customers with respect but ever since the announcement of EOL for Muse, my perception of Adobe has changed and for me Adobe has until April the 2nd to bring back Muse or some kind of program that does almost everything Muse does otherwise I am leaving Adobe forever!

#SAVEMUSE

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse/u/22571761

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have ever heard of Muse Themes then you will definitely will want to go to their solution for a web builder. It was built with us in mind. Go to http://wocode.com and check out their brand new web builder called Architect. It is easy to use and does what Muse couldn't...it has native blogging with rss feeds and a built in store that is a white labeled version of ecwid! It works and Steve Harris has done it right for Muse users. SSL is free with all sites....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines