• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse is finished and BC servers are closing down March 2020

Enthusiast ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this announcement. Sad news. I can't believe Adobe can throw us under the bus like this.

Product Announcement

[Moderator edited header. Was: Muse is finished and BC servers are closing down June 2019. (should be March 2020)]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 153 Replies 153
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, its sound like April Fools' Day

but this is adobe better switch to webflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They make us jobless!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im Muse users for years.
This is so unbelievable but then i couldnt find any statement news from the Internet or the officials.
The above page Product Announcement looks solid as they already answered everything for us.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on Muse early last year (2017) after dealing with so many frustrations. The program simply did not perform with the ease that was promised. I was having to spend too much time fixing pages that were supposed to adapt well for all platforms. They didn't.

I'm using Wordpress now. It was a fairly steep learning curve the first month but it's not that different in many ways from using Muse. It definitely takes work to get the site you're wanting.

All of this said... I am shocked that Adobe would have made so much investment into Muse and then abruptly give up on it. There  are so many businesses that are focused on support and add-ones for Muse. I can't imagine how upset they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... yes, incredibly upset. I have no words for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unbelievable...right start again then..... To learn web-flow, my whole business plan now is kaput!... Cheers Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same me,

i got 9 sites waiting to develop and my business starts to run very good.

Any way, What the hell Abobe is thinking ....

What are good alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat! I'm furious at Adobe for doing this, I've been using Adobe since 2000 and run a sizeable magazine in Muse, plus several other websites and client sites. I looked at Webflow, not a goer for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am looking at webflow right now, does any body got experience with it?
Webflow is not mine at the first look. Any other Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to webflow after I tried Muse and found it way too buggy. Works great for me but has a slightly different target base - rather for bigger shops with a web development team than for the single web frontend designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need something i could create my own design. I made the experience that Muse site, created with individual Design and Text were top listed at Google. This was the reason i quit Wordpress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marcelb82743281  schrieb

i am looking at webflow right now, does any body got experience with it?
Webflow is not mine at the first look. Any other Ideas.

From watching their website it takes at least some more cash for creating websites only.

But if you do mainly and regularly websites with enough paying clients it seems to be not too bad.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can take a look at sparkleapp.com (I'm one of the developers), visual editor, down to earth team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Looks great, will have a good look and give it at try.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can take a look at sparkleapp.com (I'm one of the developers), visual editor, down to earth team.

Seems good but a pity that there is no windows and internationalized version (supporting Latin and non-Latin languages)!

Limiting software to one OS and or one language means reducing the number of potential customers considerably (hence a reduced profit obviously).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Duncan, I've had a look at your app, it looks good, seems to tick most of the boxes, but do you have a CMS for it?

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marcelb82743281  schrieb

Same me,

i got 9 sites waiting to develop and my business starts to run very good.

Any way, What the hell Abobe is thinking ....

What are good alternatives?

However, as you know, Muse is a static Website Code generator like many others. Based on common open Source Standards. Even if Adobe is not adding new Features to the Muse App, the Websites created within Muse remain compatible, even after May 20th 2019.

quoted from a mail from iVidesign.ch

They also suggest (and I personally follow):

Here are a few things you might consider:

• Don't panic and try to go after your business as usual.
  • Don't fall for alternative Platforms, that are not proven for over a few years.
  • Don't think that you can't use Muse to generate Website any more in the future.
  • Don't host via BC, as this service is likely to be cancelled after Adobe's Muse support has stopped.
  • Cancel your Subscriptions if your Muse Widgets Providers do not continue to produce Widgets for Muse.
  • If your business is based on Muse and Widgets Providers only, rethink your strategy and try to make your work tool dependency redundant at all times.

There´s also something in the line from muse-themes.com called "Without Code".

Some other bigger vendors might follow as well with similar support, new apps, hopefully.

Keep heads up at least for the moment – thanks to the Muse Team anyway.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been watching the MuseThemes option for the past few weeks and actually there was mention of this might be happening by someone on their site last week, I dismissed it as rumour and didn't want to think about it.

I appreciate the options you suggested but it doesn't make up for the arrogance and thoughtlessness of Adobe with regard to their many thousands of loyal customers. I've used their CC for years, I don't use half the products on the platform, barely more than 4 on a regular basis, yet the price keeps going up and up. It's daylight robbery what they are doing. It's ruining so many people's businesses and certainly has ruined the start of my week.

Myself and another member of the Muse FB page have left comments on their latest post - please follow suit and leave your comments too.

Off now to break the news to my loyal clients...

Cathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder, you wrote:

"However, as you know, Muse is a static Website Code generator like many others. Based on common open Source Standards. Even if Adobe is not adding new Features to the Muse App, the Websites created within Muse remain compatible, even after May 20th 2019."

ARE YOU SERIOUS? It's supposed to comfort us?

In the FAQ it's very clear:

After May 20, 2019 Adobe will no longer deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web.

How can I run a Muse-based company that it's websites won't be fully competible next year?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi haimb29562324 ,

It´s just another opinion/alternative to don`t panic.

Depending on the OS it will last maybe at least two or more years to come.

There´s also iVidesign.ch keeping up as a company with muse.

We are all very frustrated, I guess the muse team as well is very frustrtaed, me I am frustrated, too.

I recommend to watch the vendors like muse-themes and musegrid  as well to have an eye on this.

We are all sitting in the same boat … maybe with the thousands of posts they`ll get today from all over the world ADOBE throws a lifebelt?

I don`t have a clue if that helps, though

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not kidding the boat is sinking and we are all scrambling. And your right don't panic is the word. I just launched a big website on business catalyst signed up my client for three years and of course they took the money two weeks ago with no warning that they are shutting down. What a dissaster! In addition, I am using the search box platform from business catalyst and built every thing in muse. As well I have other clients who use the options to alter some content from older websites I created.

I am trying not to pannic like the rest of us. I also read your note on wocode. I am hopping they will offer a better solution and not leave us all hanging like Adobe has. This is all so frustrating and scary! Wonder how long it will take them to shut down our comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 80 well-running sites, including two 2-database-driven paid membership sites and 5 e-commerce sites. Unhappy client, but I guess more money for me to move them somewhere else. I was looking forward to new client.

Here come the phone calls and emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trashed Adobe Muse years ago because I knew this what they would do, simply put, they...kill apps, after 1000's hours invested learning the products. 

QuarkXPress, WIX/Webflow, Final Cut X, Affinity and other great alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow..shocked...the years of learning, the ++++++hours debugging.

If this holds it is a sad day for all the 1000's of designers who have worked hard with the product as well as the supporters and developers who have promoted Muse and built up their satellite business e.g. muse Themes, Qooqee just to name 2.

Class action?

I remember the years when Flash hit the bin....and researched a lot of other possibilities ....came to Muse

Kolazero mentions 'Webflow' thank you... will check out...another learning curve I guess..any other suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines