• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse is finished and BC servers are closing down March 2020

Enthusiast ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this announcement. Sad news. I can't believe Adobe can throw us under the bus like this.

Product Announcement

[Moderator edited header. Was: Muse is finished and BC servers are closing down June 2019. (should be March 2020)]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 153 Replies 153
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They let us down! Unbelievable.

I came to Muse 1,5 years ago, because Freeway Pro quited their development. I already had 11 years worked with it and many, many webdesign clients. As professional grafic- and webdesigner I need a good, stable and running app. With Muse I thought I would have that. Big company and so. Meanwhile I have build my own website and some clients websites. Payed Muse-themes / Musegain subscribtions.

And now again the question which app to choose?

Again learning a new web app as soon as possible in order not to let break down my business?

Lets quickly face the facts and look for a new app! Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You suck Adobe! Seriously, I've spend years learning this program and now you just drop it. Shame on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don`t give up.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unconscionable.

At the very least this is incredibly bad faith, also I suspect there may also be the potential for legal recourse. Particularly with the ridiculously short notice. Lead times for large sites are often upwards of 16 weeks, this will kill some projects MID-DEVELOPMENT.

I bought into BC at the beginning for over 2K and this will beggar me in the time necessary to migrate complex sites. One in particular is a 30K completely custom site which went up last year - it will take me THOUSANDS of hours to migrate to a new system and I can't charge this to a client.

I can imagine some of the bigger firms and app developers who have based their entire business model around it will be in an even worse position. Absolutely disgusting Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree with you. It's disgusting, how Adobe treats their customers. To migrate the complex sites I designed to another system will take at least 200 hours of work, I can`t charge to my clients. Who pays for this loss of 12.000 Euros????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... and also the complete silence on the part of the Adobe teams here ... irresponsible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm I the same boat. As a graphic designer of many years, I chose years ago not to try to learn coding and opt to go with Muse. Not only has Adobe screwed us on Muse they are also now going to make money off of our subscriptions by selling our info for advertising purposes. Now we get to look forward to pop-up advertising in the middle of trying to work with their products. After 30+ years of graphic design, I may have to start looking for another profession or just go live under a bridge because I will no longer be able to make a living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Without Code - Tool Sneak Peek - visualarms not sure as yet how this fits in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Pete, as loyal muse-themes user I am looking forward to it, especially "architect" could save eventually my day and web-business.....? I have asked for a beta, but haven`t got an answer yet. Generally I have made really good experiences with Steve Harris and his team on Muse-Themes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W/O from Muse-Themes is pretty sweet. Go check out the sneak preview...closest thing to Muse but even better. Always loved these guys. Without Code - Tool Sneak Peek - visualarms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job, Adobe. One more reason to cancel my CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, on my side one thing is for sure: no need for my Adobe Cloud subscription anymore.

How can they possibly slap us in the face like this?! No explanation - nothing. Is this a test, a joke, spam?

Unbelievable. I just can't stop being angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....and they are still selling it for 14,99 euros a month! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typical adobe mess... remember pressready, golive, freehand, flash... and so on. now they made it again. and they tell me i should learn they new beta-star adobeXD for mockups? hahaha veeery funny.

ok, i have enough of this. at this moment i decided never going to stick again with adobe "new web products"... web will definitely not a business to work with adobe. not reliable, expensive and running behind the trends.

if u are a designer i would say DON'T go with webflow... too expensive and restricted... you can design static websites like muse, but if u want to connect to a cms u will need to stick with the webflow ecosystem or call a webdeveloper.

my recomendation: if u need a simple site take something like squarespace, and if u want to have more control, go to wordpress + sitebuilder plugins like beaver builder or elementor. learning curve will be the same like webflow, but afterwords you will be completly free to install yr wordpress site on yr own, or yr client server, making emails and so on. and i guess adobe never going to buy wordpress...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just received an official "Adobe Muse Product Announcement" 10:30am UK time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would have expected a new solution by Adobe instead of just finishing Muse. Something better with automatic responsive design and a working CMS. Something better than open source tools like WordPress, Joomla etc.

The Adobe developers should be better than open source developers. Adobe says, there are better UX tools for teams and DIY software for single users. Following these arguments, you should overthink your whole business model. What about DIY photo and video editing on smartphones? Yes, this fits for a billion people and more. What about layout templates offered by online print companies? Yes, this fits for many small companies, private needs and regional sports clubs. So, when will PS, ID and other Adobe products be deactivated then...?

You get paid for developing software for us designers. We work with it and we have to sell YOUR software concepts to OUR customers. We have to compete with DIY tools. This works for us as long as we have competitive tools with better features. That's why you should work on providing better tools for us and not on finishing the evolution of your products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Betrayed.  Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feeling the pain along with everyone else on this forum ... just finished a large site for a client now having to think about migrating it but it's a custom style which will be hard to produce unless I hire a developer. I've promised clients a service anchored on Adobe Muse .. what was I thinking!!

Adobe need to change their current offering of Muse on the Adobe website What's New | Adobe Muse CC . There needs to be a prominent warning on all the Muse pages stating that the product is ending so that other unsuspecting designers don't get sucked in. At the moment it still says "TRY ADOBE MUSE TODAY" They missed out the end tag "IT WILL BE GONE TOMORROW!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is CMS editing with existing Muse sites going to die now too?

have been chipping away making bug laden pages for years waiting for Muse to get 'finished' so it wasn't such an unstable pile of junk and they nuked instead of fixing it. Thanks Adobe, I really hope Affinity or someone else start to take more ground and you guys go the way of Quark, as you're really not gaining any fans here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Affinity Designer, fill this gap.

VERY tempted to ditch Adobe.

Seems like a very business-centred decision which is standard for Adobe. Why not conduct some research into your users and tailor your business to what they want, not your shareholders.

Adobe you genuinely stink.

Look up Affinity Designer, a great Adobe alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might consider going back to Quark.  FU Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This news is gonna cause a storm when America wakes up. It was 10am in the UK when I opened the mail from Adobe but only 5am EDT across the pond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an awful bad idea mr Adobe!

We really think you make a tremendous error in stopping further development.

Muse was just the only program closing the gap between too complex (Dreamweaver)

and far too simple (sparks/portfolio).

Please do reconsider your decision and keep Muse alive

or sell it to a third-party developer who does see a brilliant future in your product.

Jp, Volta-design

the netherlands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est honteux de la part d'ADOBE de nous planter comme cela pour des questions uniquement de rentabilité pour eux très probablement... il sont une nouvelle application à nous vendre et comme celle ci est en ligne, il ne nous restera rien quand ils auront décidé de fermer MUSE. C'est proprement dégueulasse !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here they are again!

But this time you didn’t cheat me: I didn’t trust to learn Muse as well, and I did well!

In the 1990s they launched PageMill, which could not even write about even the simple Html.

Then they bought GoLive: great program, which I learned to perfection and used until the beginning of 2000, when suddenly Adobe stopped developing it. Just like with Muse.

The same happened with Flash: passed to Adobe, it was destroyed. And who had learned to program (there was even a special language inside, a kind of JavaScript), goodbye!

The last bad experience I had with DreamWeaver: years of learning, and today it’s a program that’s not good for designers or programmers. Neither meat nor fish!

There is nothing to do: Adobe (which I have been using since 1991) knows how to make great programs for printing: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. But for the web it’s ZERO! Since always.

Now I’ll give you some tips on working with websites.

Learn WordPress: half of the web is made with that. The learning curve is light: in two months you will learn to master it easily, at least for the essential things.

– At the level of desktop software, switch to these:

1. Mobirise. It makes great responsive sites, even with ecommerce inside, and you don’t have to learn any code.

2. Blocs for Mac. Same as above: it is a bit more complex, but in 48 hours you’ll learn it.

3. For those who already have a minimum of knowledge of code, there is Pinegrow. Rich and complete, they do spectacular things. But here the learning curve is much heavier (it takes months).

– There are also code-free systems on the web that work in drag-and-drop, and make wonderful sites. The best are, in order:

1. Webflow.

2. PageCloud.

3. Carrd.

4. JigSaw (by ZippyPixels).

5. Bootstraptor.

Final tip: never again rely on JUST ONE METHOD to make websites. The web is constantly changing and extremely diversified, no software alone can ever stand behind it. Make a reason for this: it does not exist and will never exist an “Illustrator to make websites”.

~~~~~

Eccoli di nuovo!

Ma stavolta non mi avete fregato: non mi sono fidato di imparare anche Muse, e ho fatto bene!

Negli Anni ’90 lanciò PageMill, che non sapeva scrivere neanche del semplice Html.

Poi comprò GoLive: grande programma, che ho imparato alla perfezione e usato fino all’inizio del 2000, quando improvvisamente Adobe cessò di svilupparlo. Proprio come con Muse.

Lo stesso è successo con Flash: passato ad Adobe, è stato distrutto. E chi aveva imparato a programmare (c’era dentro perfino un linguaggio ad hoc, una specie di JavaScript), addio!

L’ultima brutta esperienza l’ho avuta con DreamWeaver: anni di apprendimento, e oggi è un programma che non va bene né per i designer, né per i programmatori. Né carne, né pesce.

Non c’è niente da fare: Adobe (che io uso dal 1990) sa fare grandi programmi per la stampa: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Ma per il web è zero. Da sempre.

Vi dò qualche consiglio per lavorare con i siti web.

– Imparate WordPress: la metà del web è fatta con quello. La curva di apprendimento è leggera: in due mesi imparerete a padroneggiarlo facilmente, almeno per le cose essenziali.

– A livello di software desktop, passate a questi:

1. Mobirise. Fa ottimi siti responsive, anche con ecommerce dentro, e non dovete imparare codice.

2. Blocs per Mac. Idem come sopra: è un po’ più complesso, ma in 24 ore si impara.

3. Per chi ha già un minimo di conoscenza di codice, c’è Pinegrow. Ricco e completo, si fanno cose spettacolari. Ma qua la curva di apprendimento è molto più pesante (ci vogliono mesi).

– Sul web esistono sistemi code-free che funzionano in drag-and-drop, e fanno siti meravigliosi. I migliori sono, nell’ordine:

1. Webflow.

2. PageCloud.

3. Carrd.

4. JigSaw (by ZippyPixels).

5. Bootstraptor.

Consiglio finale: mai più affidarsi a un solo metodo, per fare siti web. Il web cambia in continuazione ed è estremamente diversificato, nessun software da solo potrà mai stargli dietro. Fatevene una ragione: non esiste e non esisterà mai “Illustrator per fare un sito”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines