Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse is free now but no access from March 2020

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Did you all know this? Its great to hear we are no longer being charged for Muse but I wasnt aware that all access would stop from March 2020. I thought it was just development that stiopped. I've just being advised that we will no longer be able to use Muse at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

I checked with the support team, and it looks like there has been a communication gap. I will try to clear the air around this one.

You are right in that Muse will continue to be available for free past your subscription expiry date until March 2020. However, the decision on Muse availability beyond that has not been communicated as yet.

I have unmarked the answer as correct only because I want other users to this post to have the latest info on this question.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who told you Muse is free? 

Muse is already EOL.  Development stopped in March 2018.  It is common knowledge that all support will end in March 2020.  You should have an exit strategy in place now.  Don't wait until 2020.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support told me it was free from April and I checked my account and my payment has been disabled. Check your account!

Yes I know development has stopped and support will stop March 2020 but my understanding was that we would still be able to access and use Muse after that. This is not the case, Muse will not be available at all.

I have my exit plan, Webflow, hence his all this came aboit; I contacted support to cancel my Muse plan and was just going to pay for months I needed it. However it’s now not available at all unless you have it already and all the rest of the info being explained to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is as follows:

1) If you had a single subscription to Muse that has expired, you cannot renew it because it's no longer sold from the website.

2) Muse is only available to Full Creative Cloud plan subscribers.  And only if you select Show Older Apps in your CC Desktop preferences.  

3) If you are indeed receiving Muse for free, it must be by some special arrangement.  Adobe does not typically give away EOL software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have Muse as a single app rolling subscription plan and I still have access but it is now free. No special arrangement, it was automatically changed to FOC from April 2019. But they also told me Muse will not exist in any form to be accessed from March 2020. 

As I said Adobe support confirmed all this this today, hence the reason for my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the support team, and it looks like there has been a communication gap. I will try to clear the air around this one.

You are right in that Muse will continue to be available for free past your subscription expiry date until March 2020. However, the decision on Muse availability beyond that has not been communicated as yet.

I have unmarked the answer as correct only because I want other users to this post to have the latest info on this question.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked the support person on chat several times and he told me Muse would no longer be available after March 2020. Perhaps you can check the transcript and have a word with that person if this is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification. My intention was not to disbelieve your post but to provide other users with the latest info on this topic. I apologize if my post was phrased that way. We will ensure that the future users that contact us through any support channel are provided with the same info as what I have provided on this post.

Your post has provided insights into a gap in our communication that we will address immediately for other users with the same question.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it’s fine I just wanted to give feedback.

However we could do with knowing ASAP whether all Muse access will cease from March 2020 as I was told, if this is indeed correct then people need to plan for that. It will be here before we know it and everyone with Muse sites needs to make sure they have switched to a different platfor by this date.

similarly, if you are intending to keep in-supported access as initially communicated in the first announcement then we need to know this also.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely get that, and have shared this sentiment with the team already.

Having said that, web and OS standards will keep evolving and there is no guarantee that even if the product is available, it will continue to serve its purpose efficiently. As a web-designer in my past life, my advice is to have a plan B for post-March 2020 just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran took the words out of my mouth.  Even though Adobe is allowing you to use Muse for free until 2020, that's not a get out of jail free card.  Muse is still dead software that should not be used for new projects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A point which you will see I have already addressed in one of my previous responses. Timings are still importan, for example for sites built directly before the announcement - need to know how much longer they can run before tapping up clients to fork out again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can predict how long any site will last.  When it breaks you either fix the code (if you can) or you re-build it.  That goes for any website.  If you read this forum regularly,  you know that Muse sites are already having some problems.   Since the development team left the building last year, those problems are not getting fixed.  So what should you do, migrate to new software now or wait?  You have to make that decision with your clients.   But Muse is not a product I would want to hang my career on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Nancy, please tell us, which „problems“, caused by the fact, that Muse isn‘t in active development any more, do you think of? I am curious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, form processing scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They work, believe me, forms are working! Muse isn‘t responsible for weird server configurations, which can be found on side of some providers. Additionally these are difficulties, which could appear, since Muse supports forms, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the stop of Muse‘s further development.

Besides this: You used plural so, what else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHP 7 is not some wild server configuration.  It's the new normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, according to the promise that Adobe made in the Muse EOL FAQ​, Muse will not stop working for those who have it:

I know you’re no longer developing Adobe Muse, but will the program stop working on March 26, 2020 when support ends?

No, the Adobe Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application. After March 26, 2020 Adobe will no longer deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS, or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Adobe Muse sites to the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in light of the notifications from Adobe Muse that specifically stated that updates and support would discontinue but that the app would still be accessible I can tell you that we were ALL misinformed.  I am NOT able to open my app, to edit my website, or to even access my pages (both published and un-published) in order to replicate them in another website.  I've spent about 2 1/2 hours (so far) trying to get help through the on-line chat and on the phone with NO resolution.  Even when asking if I could access my pages through the purchase of Creative Cloud All apps I am still unable to get assurance that this will work.  I loved Adobe Muse.  So frustrated at the lack of support and service and will be cancelling my other subscriptions.  (And do not comment that I should have "planned".  I am a small non-profit one person office with no budget and limited web building skills who depended on the information that Adobe released regarding Muse to be true - that there was time before the site would become obsolete.  What a mistake!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody lied.  Discontinued software like Fireworks and Muse are still accessible from your CC desktop app with a PAID All Apps plan.  See screenshots below.

Creative Cloud Desktop AppCreative Cloud Desktop App

Discontinued ProductsDiscontinued Products

That said, I don't recommend using discontinued software for new projects as the machine generated code that Muse creates hasn't been updated in more than 2 years.  You need modern software that is in active development. Or use an online site builder like Wix, Webflow or WordPress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not, what I said!

Believe it or not – Muse forms work with PHP 7!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link may help (some):

End of service for Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines