Highlighted

Muse Menu alignment problems

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My first post on the forum and I am after a bit of help and guidance please.

I have recently started trying to figure out Adobe Muse, my main purpose is to redo an existing website in Muse that looks good across different devices (the original was created in Dreamweaver). I am using a very bog standard Horizontal menu from the widgets library in Muse but I am having a big problem with it and I have spent the last 2 hours trying to get the problem resolved without any success.

For some reason the responsive width AND height option is not highlighted so I can not select it from the top menu drop down under the Resize tag. I can therefore only select responsive width but this is causing the drop down menu to ride up into the main menu area (I want it to line up underneath and not overlap the main menu). The other problem is that the drop down menu text is not resizing at all like the main menu text when I reduce the size of my browser window.

I did manage to solve the positioning problem of the drop down sub menu by fixing the width of the main menu bar but when the browser is resized the menu does not adjust in width.

Please can anyone explain where I am going wrong, I will try to attach a screen shot of what is happening in the preview window.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 14.53.22.png

Menus — just like text frames — can‘t scale in width and hight, because this would reduce font size according to the sceen width. Do you really want the menu text label to shrink to “unreadability“ in this case? I guess, you won‘t.

If you delete all(!) elements on your site except the menu, and share this reduced .muse file with us (Dropbox, CC Files, …) we certainly will have a closer look at it. I strongly assume, that you run into a different issue related to font conversion.

You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Muse Menu alignment problems

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My first post on the forum and I am after a bit of help and guidance please.

I have recently started trying to figure out Adobe Muse, my main purpose is to redo an existing website in Muse that looks good across different devices (the original was created in Dreamweaver). I am using a very bog standard Horizontal menu from the widgets library in Muse but I am having a big problem with it and I have spent the last 2 hours trying to get the problem resolved without any success.

For some reason the responsive width AND height option is not highlighted so I can not select it from the top menu drop down under the Resize tag. I can therefore only select responsive width but this is causing the drop down menu to ride up into the main menu area (I want it to line up underneath and not overlap the main menu). The other problem is that the drop down menu text is not resizing at all like the main menu text when I reduce the size of my browser window.

I did manage to solve the positioning problem of the drop down sub menu by fixing the width of the main menu bar but when the browser is resized the menu does not adjust in width.

Please can anyone explain where I am going wrong, I will try to attach a screen shot of what is happening in the preview window.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 14.53.22.png

Menus — just like text frames — can‘t scale in width and hight, because this would reduce font size according to the sceen width. Do you really want the menu text label to shrink to “unreadability“ in this case? I guess, you won‘t.

If you delete all(!) elements on your site except the menu, and share this reduced .muse file with us (Dropbox, CC Files, …) we certainly will have a closer look at it. I strongly assume, that you run into a different issue related to font conversion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having posted this question just before Christmas I realised it was probably a bad or busy time to post. So I am trying again, hopefully someone has come across this problem with the menu before, if so please can someone put me out of my misery, I have tried recreating it all ways round and the problem reoccurs. I'll keep my fingers crossed and wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2018 0