• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Muse] [Mobile] Problems with Iphone 4 and 5 zooming in on website upon loading it

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe community!

Let's start with the problem: I am building a liquid layout website with breakpoints for mobile, tablets and desktop/laptops. Its all working great, but when I tested the mobile breakpoint on the Iphone 5 and 5s as well on the Iphone 4 (this one only in the chrome testing mode). And every time I load my website on these devices (and maybe on other ones too I did not test?) The website loads slightly zoomed in. If I double tap to zoom in or out, it zooms it out so that the website is displayed correctly and then I also cant zoom in anymore. On the Iphone 6 for example, everything is displayed correctly as well on my personal phone (Huawai P10).

I read many threads about this topic and tried all the solutions (unless I missed something), especially the most frequently mentioned one: Checking if any objects are outside of the canvas.

But I tried it all and the problem didn't change. And maybe its just something I missed but I checked so many times if there is something outside the canvas.

So even though I don't want to start a new thread for a topic that has been discussed so many times, and waste the precious time of you, I don't know who else I could ask that knows so much about muse and is so enthusiastic. Thanks for all the time you put in helping others, you guys are awesome (And helped me many times when googling for a problem).

A screenshot of how it loads:

Screenshot_Iphone4_Chrome_emulator.JPG

A screenshot how it is supposed to look like:

Screenshot_Iphone4_Chrome_emulator_2.JPG

A link to the website: Homepage

Also: I just implemented a new mobile navigation, so that's why there is still something wrong right now with the design of the navigation bar.

About uploading my muse project: I probably would have to attach all the files too right? Because thats a lot, but if one of you guys would like to check it out I can make a dup and just include all the files that are used (Or is there a better way?)

Thanks again if your are reading this,

-Luca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

You can‘t modify element between breakpoints. This is only possible when the scubber is placed on a breakpoint. That is one of the reasons to have breakpoint.

In other words: You have to set up your elements in every breakpoint so, that bleeding won‘t happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a .muse file with us using Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service. But don‘t give us the complete site! Delete all pages except one, which shows your issue, and delete as many elements as possible. So, downloading and checking your file will be much easier. It isn‘t necessary to share your assets too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Günter! Thanks for your answer.

I stripped down my site, and hope it works now:

Adobe Creative Cloud

-Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Luca,

unfortunately there are tons and tons of issues, so that you should really try to fix most of them by yourself, following the links berlow. In actual state, it would be necessary for us, to recreate most of your site from scratch.

By the way: If you are new to Muse, it would be much, much simpler to create a fixed width site with fixed width breakpoints. Such a site you can create just like a print layout. This isn’t possible with responsive pages, where all elements are dynamic and interact with each other element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Günter, you already cleared up a lot for me. What I got wrong, was that the elements shouldn't bleed out in the breakpoints but of course I didn't check if they do when I scale the page/change the screensize.

My problem is: If I drag the size bar, nothing happens until i get to another breakpoint. Do you know why this could be happening? Alright, I figured it out, I just didnt set a lower minimal size of the breakpoint.

I read your links and guides (Thank you again) and will do it again and then try to adapt my website accordingly or make the necessary changes and then report back.

Have a nice evening!

-Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can‘t modify element between breakpoints. This is only possible when the scubber is placed on a breakpoint. That is one of the reasons to have breakpoint.

In other words: You have to set up your elements in every breakpoint so, that bleeding won‘t happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Günter for the late answer, that was very ungrateful of me, especially because of your great help. It took me a while to use your input and work it into my site, but in the end it worked out. I rebuilt the entire page with your input in mind and the experiences I gained in the first version.

With best regards and a big thank you,

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines