• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse newbie help!

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I've reverece started to try to create my business website using Muse. I downloaded a premium template and have edited it to some success.

It still doesn't however look right, I'm having real problems trying to position my logo in the master page. When in preview/ viewed in the browser it loses some text etc. Can anyone help, advise on a help article or guide me through it, I've tried lots of Youtube vids already!

Many thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best advice I can offer is don't get involved with Muse for your new business site.  Muse is end of life.  Support comes to an end next March.  Meanwhile, the Muse developers have already left the building.  It has no future.   There are several discussions here about Muse alternatives.   See link below for one.

List of Possible Alternatives for Muse

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course we can help. Although Muse is under EOL you could run your own business site with Muse, please don`t panic.

I would not build a new business, selling Websites done with Muse, though.

All possible alternatives to Muse are really completely different so it takes time to change - anyway - which premium template did you use so far? Could you provide a link to a test-website? You could also reduce your muse to only these elements which "cause trouble" and save it with a new name (this is really important, otherwise you loose your original muse) and share it via dropbox, CC or similar share-services.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks very much for the reply. The reviewte I have used is called Build, which I purchased I think from muse themes.com. This is a link to my site.

www.dpmconstruction.co.uk

I have tried to position my logo so it looks right viewed in my screen monitor, when viewed on my mobile the logo obscures the design & boldb text box. The menu icon is missing from the original template again when viewed on my smart phone. When I uploaded the original template just as it was too my host it all looked good, and worked as it should in a responsive manner, it's now I have messed about with stuff! I don't need a complex site, just one page that shows off a couple of work photos and stuff.

I realize I have chosen the wrong product now as muse is E.o.l but if it worked for me for the short term now until I get something else thatd be great. If you can help me I'd really appreciate it!  Many thanks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like:

1) the logo is on master but not in the same layer as all the rest from header? All header elements should be in top layer (in this case).

Nothing else should be in this top layer.

2) You may also have a look at pinning of the original elements, your logo does not seem to be pinned. For mobile BTW, pinning is not recommended …

3) May I add, that the quality of the logo is kind of pixelated, try to get/create an svg logo.

Does this help?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is really good advice thanks. I am obviously more of a newbie than I first thought! I need to read up on these things. Just out of interest how long do you think it would take to rectify it once I know what to do. I only ask as to see if it's worthwhile getting someone/ passin then to do it.

Many thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be all done, regarding the mentioned issues, in 1 hour, depending on your skills, you could also have some coffee and cupcakes in the same time and some smalltalk with your team or clients (if little skills, leave the coffee and the cupcakes in the board). Don`t take me for granted but, … if you do it step by step and ask here in this forum, it should be all pretty much done this evening.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your very kind, thanks very much for this advice I will put my efforts in and ask in here if I need more guidance. Thanks ever so much

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines