• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not opening, Error 16

Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Muse on 2 computers, both running OS X 10.14.4. On the Mini Muse opens and operates normal. On the iMac  I get a Dialog stating Error 16 and recommending to uninstall and re-install the program.

In the Adobe Cloud Panel under the App tab, Muse does not offer to be installed but to "Run Trial Version". If the little triangle to the right is clicked I get three options, one of them is "Buy".

My subscription is current and Muse is promised to operate after the end of it's run in 2020. So, what's happening?

Also, the instructions for fixing Error 16 are to repair the permissions on the SLStore folder in Application Support/Adobe. There is no SLStore folder in either one of those two computers.

Totally confused!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

After removing the Muse App as recommended by the dialog I got, Muse is no longer available in the Adobe App panel. So it can't be installed again. Wonderful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you subscriber of the complete CC package? Then you can re-install Muse without issue. Just read here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10929013#10929013

If you have a Muse-only subscription, there is no other way than to restore Muse from a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Günter.

I am subscribed to the full package and the subscription is current.

Selecting the "older aplications" does not bring up a previous version of Muse. it shows the same as in the regular window and the tab reads "Start Trial" When I click on that I get the same Error 16 message as before.

After closing the error dialog the Muse tab changes to "Buy Now". Clicking that tab opens an Adobe page in a browser, inviting me to buy a subscription.

So, obviously, all applications have the information that my subscription is current and open as expected, except for Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure, that you have activated „Show older Apps“ in CC Desktop App’s preferences?

Did you try to completely sign out of CC, restart the Desktop App and sign in again?

Here I can install Muse without any issue.

You may as well try this: Re-install Muse from a backup and afterwards install Muse over the existing version by using the Desktop App. If this doesn’t work, you have to contact the Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everybody who chipped in. Muse is working again after I re-installed everything from a backup drive. I then corrected the permissions on the SLStore folder and checked the permissions on the Adobe PCD folder as suggested by italosan (they were correct), but the "Error 16" still popped up. Out of curiosity I checked the permissions on the SLCache folder (just above the SLStore folder) and set them to the same as on the SLStore folder. That did the trick and gave me back the access to Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Congrats!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines