• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse "Screensaver" on site.

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a test layout for a 1080 vertical touch screen which displays menu items. Is it possible to implement some sort of idle feature when there is no interaction and it displays a video loop/slideshow/or static image until interaction resumes? in addition to that, it resumes right back to the very top of the document?

Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

anthonyl54517929  wrote

I am aware of this.... guess what I am asking is confusing by using the wrong terminology. Is there a way to have a timeout feature on a certain page if there is no interactivity to return to the homepage?

not in a normal browser no

you could have a timer that goes back to the home page (or anywhere else) but it can't track interactivity unless the local system allows it which is not default.

in an office you could run these systems in their own private network so that they d

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no muse makes websites not local ui systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware of this.... guess what I am asking is confusing by using the wrong terminology. Is there a way to have a timeout feature on a certain page if there is no interactivity to return to the homepage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe with some coding, maybe with lots of coding. This would mean, users open your website, watch a certain page and then? Do nothing? This might be very unusual, wouldn`t it?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anthonyl54517929  wrote

not in a normal browser no

you could have a timer that goes back to the home page (or anywhere else) but it can't track interactivity unless the local system allows it which is not default.

in an office you could run these systems in their own private network so that they don't go on the internet... you don't want them saying yes please to whatever malware is asking of them... and Muse could make the pages but I'd use Dreamweaver for this senario as Muse | wordpress both need the internet to get some of their controls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, I guess I really am confusing this more than it needs to be... this is being deployed via a browser connected to our site, however it is being fed through our touch screen outside. The shell has been created, however, I am looking for a way to detect interactivity and redirect to the main menu when users are not using it. I have seen it done with some javascript and I'm still looking into other options. Here is what I have so far... And just to make clear, this will only be on a single fixed screen outside our restaurant, not cross platform browsers. see below. Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines