• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse ReCaptcha v2 error: Invalid API parameters

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have added a reCaptcha v2 widget to my site contact form, in the hope of limiting the annoying spam/phishing messages I was receiving. I'm working with Muse on Mac.

However once uploaded, I am getting a message: "Error: Invalid API parameters. Try reloading the page" (see attached screengrab). Needless to say, reloading the page doesn't help. 

Following Adobe's suggestion I checked with my IP, and the PHP version is 5.3, which is newer than the required 5.1, and the php.ini variable for url_fopen is set to 'on', so this too is correct. (If this sounds like I know what any of these terms means, it's an illusion!)
At this point my IP was of no further help!

Then, after about 5 days, it started working - hallelujah!

But ... only on one of my computers. On the laptop, I'm consistently getting the same old error message. 

And, given the outcome in that case is that the form doesn't get through - I'm worse off than dealing with the spam!

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix it? Or is there another work-around to avoid the spam/phishing form responses?

Desperate for any helpful suggestions.

Thanks, Robyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're no doubt looking at a cached version of your site.  Clear your browser's cache memory and history.  Or use another browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Nancy - I did this on my laptop and iPad and sure enough it worked. Appreciate your help.

A question though: Does this mean that others will get the same issue as I had when trying to contact us? ... I can't see they'd bother if it doesn't work first go.

Is there a work around if this is the case?

Thanks, Robyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people have never been to your site before, they have no cached version of it in their browsers.  You have cached versions because you're testing and re-testing it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nancy, that makes sense 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up - and sorry for posting incorrectly. Couldn't seem to get the 'edit' to come up for my post, so I've copied it here (following) and attached the screengrab via the insert icon as you suggested.

Hi - I have added a reCaptcha v2 widget to my site contact form, in the hope of limiting the annoying spam/phishing messages I was receiving. I'm working with Muse on Mac.

However once uploaded, I am getting a message: "Error: Invalid API parameters. Try reloading the page" (see attached screengrab). Needless to say, reloading the page doesn't help. 

Following Adobe's suggestion I checked with my IP, and the PHP version is 5.3, which is newer than the required 5.1, and the php.ini variable for url_fopen is set to 'on', so this too is correct. (If this sounds like I know what any of these terms means, it's an illusion!)
At this point my IP was of no further help!

Then, after about 5 days, it started working - hallelujah!

But ... only on one of my computers. On the laptop, I'm consistently getting the same old error message. 

And, given the outcome in that case is that the form doesn't get through - I'm worse off than dealing with the spam!

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix it? Or is there another work-around to avoid the spam/phishing form responses?

Desperate for any helpful suggestions.

Thanks, RobynreCAPTCHA error message.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines