• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Responsive site NOT working on mobile Safari (IOS)

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I just updated a muse site - i launched over a year ago. I have never had issues with the responsive/mobile version - until now.
It loads in chrome (mobile) but not in Safari.

How can i fix this?

www.strangecranium.com is the website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gabrielle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM:

Redirect scripts are being ignored by browsers for security reasons.  Your site uses this redirect JavaScript.

<script type="text/javascript">

// Redirect to phone/tablet as necessary

Your site is not built responsively to fit on all devices. You have used an adaptive approach -- different pages for different devices.  Unfortunately this is no longer viable.  The best long-term solution is to rebuild your site responsively without the  redirect script.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Namcy is wrong.

What is correct: The newest(!) Chrome browser on latest Android systems don’t allow redirects any more. And since your site isn’t responsive (but adaptive) it won’t be shown on these (actually very, very rare) systems any more. To correct this you are now forced to create a responsive site (Thank you Google for pressure us to do so, abusing its market power!)

But this wasn’t your question. You told us, your site „loads in Chrome, but not in Safari“. Your site loads in Safari with no issues, as far as I can see here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redirect scripts are a security problem for everyone.  It's not just Chrome on Android although they took the first steps to stop it.  I don't think they'll be the last.

Unfortunately the OPs site contains multiple code errors -- possibly from widgets and/or manual code insertions.

Showing results for http://www.strangecranium.com/ - Nu Html Checker

Also several  page load errors are reported when I try to test the site on

Mobile-Friendly Test - Google Search Console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be an issue in the US only. The site loads fine overseas on all devices and in all browsers on phones.
The issue is JUST in the US, and only for AT&T and Verizon service on phones - and Only using safari as a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your IP address is unblocked, you should test your site with the 2 URLs I posted above just to be sure everything is working as it should.   A failure at the server level that only effects certain regions on  certain data plans with certain browsers sounds a bit too incredible to believe.   But then "perfect storms" do happen sometimes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again: This isn’t the solution of the problem.

But you never won’t understand …

Go on killing this forum with your „contributions“ …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

So this is what seems to be the issue - according the hosting/service provider.

AT&T and Verizon in the US had a massive blackout. When the service was restored the usage flooded (or something like that) - and over-rided some protocol that caused a large number of IP addresses to be blacklisted. Ours was one of them JUST on AT&T and Verizon phones - and ONLY with Safari. The site works fine on Iphones with chrome - and on android devices.

It is NOT the redirect code.
It is NOT the plugins i am using

At least that is what i have been told after 3 hours on the phone with both Adobe and Register.com.

Only time will tell when they tell me our IP address is back on the white list - and it works again.
If it does not work - that means their explanation was a bunch of huey.

Thanks for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as I told you, Nancy: The site works fine on iOS. And exactly this was the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I understand Gunther.  But on this side of the pond, the site is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines