• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse says PHP is disabled on server even when synchronized text is not enabled.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about 2 years I have gotten this error in Muse: "PHP mail may be disabled or incorrectly configured on the web server. Submitted forms may fail to send email. Contact your hosting provider or website administrator about proper PHP mail configuration."

However, I ignored it because everything seemed to be working just fine.  Then, about a month ago, the forms stopped sending e-mail.  So I contacted Earthlink, the web host.  They said PHP was enabled on their end and everything looked fine.

I went back into Muse and unchecked the "in browser editing" and "synchronized text" boxes and uploaded the pages again.  Then I deleted everything off of the server and Uploaded fresh. The forms worked for 2 days, then they stopped sending e-mail. (However, I still got the PHP error from Muse even though I disabled these.) 

So I contacted Earthlink again thinking I would try and enable PHP and see if something was wrong on their side.  Earthlink told me that only PHP 7.2 is compatible.

So I contacted Adobe to see the latest PHP Muse was compatible with, which turns out to be PHP 7.0

Ok....so I CAN'T use PHP after all. But then if I turn off in browser editing and synchronized text, why am I still getting the PHP error?

Adobe chat support told me to export my pages in Muse and check the code.  But...I am not a developer...that's why I am using muse in the first place. #facepalm

I just uploaded my form to a test page, and it's working as of 6:30pm on Feb 11, 2019.  https://tkd-boston.com/form-test.html

The form works, then it doesn't.  I would welcome some advice. This is giving me such a headache. 

Where would the PHP on the form even show so I could see if it's even being used?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to test, whether  PHP works correctly. Look here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3581, Last question, point 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think Earthlink has ever supported the PHP mail () function.   They want you to use SMTP  with something like PHP Mailer.   Unfortunately that's not what your Muse form-to-email script is capable of. 

Go to Wufoo.com and embed their forms into your Muse contact page.  Wufoo forms are  processed on their servers, not yours.   So it doesn't matter which PHP version you have.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines