Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Site ftp Upload Issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Everyone!

I am sure similar discussions exist—and I may have viewed one or two of them already... but I needed to start my own, new, discussion as I have specific points I need to have addressed... hopefully.

I have created my web site in Muse. When I go into "preview site" mode—in both Chrome and Safari—the site works perfectly! So... on to the next phase: Upload to my domain's ftp (in this case, it's Yahoo! Small Business).

First, I tried using Muse's own ftp upload. Unfortunately, it never works. I always get a "timed out" error... please see attachment 1.attachment 1.png

So... I gave up on this approach and downloaded FileZilla. I was able to upload my site to my host ftp successfully. However, my site does not work. I get the following error message (attachment 3) when I enter-in my URL:

attachment 3.png

... Something I notice in FileZilla's cue while uploading my files, I get these "failed transfer" alerts (attachment 2... yes, I went out of order). They occur when I am uploading Flash animation files, specifically.

attachment 2.png

I have no idea what ".DS_Store" files are. They do not reside in my sub-folders under my main site folder. Are these generated by FileZilla?

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. I've been at this now for a week and am at my wits end.

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Flash is dead

step 1 = publish your site to Adobe BC as free test of the files... if everything works there then the issue is at your host server end

step 2 assumes step 1 works = contact your host server and ask them to check the settings you use for upload, also what type of server it is as many older ones don't like things like [spaces] or [capitals] in the path names

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only issue I can think of: flash animations are not really recommended these days for websites.

If this has something to do with your uploading issue? I invite Ussnorway​, Pavel Homeriki​ and Günter Heißenbüttel​ to this.

One of them has for sure some more ideas about the technical issues.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is dead

step 1 = publish your site to Adobe BC as free test of the files... if everything works there then the issue is at your host server end

step 2 assumes step 1 works = contact your host server and ask them to check the settings you use for upload, also what type of server it is as many older ones don't like things like [spaces] or [capitals] in the path names

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ussnorway.

These Flash .swf files are class projects from about nine years ago(?!) … when Flash was not quite dead yet. They are what I've got in the way of animations—and I'd like to include them on my site, if possible.

As I understood it, I would need to pay for an Adobe Business Catalyst account? I've already paid for my Yahoo! domain and web hosting. But you say I could upload to the Adobe BC as a free test? I'll look into that.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ussnorway.

I was able to upload to the Adobe BC. Muse crashed while I was away... assuming it crashed at the time the publishing was completed.

All I see, at this time, is a page that shows a road sign that reads, "Coming Soon". Is this normal.... does it take a while for the site to be viewable? Or... shall I attempt another upload to the BC?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news!

I uploaded using the Adobe BC.... and voîla! My site opens and functions as it should!

Now the question is... do I bother working with Yahoo! Small Business to remedy, what is obviously, an issue on their end... or do I just say to hell with it, and pay for the Adobe BC?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for letting us know how you got on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet!

I the end, I opted for an Adobe BC account, as opposed to wasting any more time trying to upload my site with Yahoo! Small Business. All's well with the world now.... site works great. Super-quick site upload, too, using the BC!

Now, if only all of my Flash content were functioning properly. Off to the Flash forum (?)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonder if anyone has had any problems with ftp with Adobe Muse after installing Apple's new Catalina? When I installed Catalina it erased my ftp password and so forth in Muse. I re-entered the missing information and thought that everything was fixed. Muse shows that I have successfully published to my ftp host. But now I see that the changes that I made it not actually appear in my site. Even after clear caches I'm seeing only the older version of my website.

Any suggestions as to what to look at?

Thanks.

--Lan Sluder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines