• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse sitemap.xml

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have for some time suspected that I have some problems with the sitemap.xml created by Muse. After reading a lot of posts here the other night I still think it is like that but I would like to have some further information. One problem seems like it´s quite easy to solve. I very seldom upload all files. Just altered files. Some post said I should upload all files always due to the sitemap. Many posts also say that the quality of the Muse sitemap.xml isn't too good. But those posts are quite old. Is the quality of the Muse sitemap.xml still poor and do you recommend to use another sitemap, for instance XML-sitemaps.com? I use a lot of pictures in my websites, and pictures appeared to be one of the problems with the Muse sitemap.xml.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

You don’t want to use the Muse generated sitemap, but a different one? Then

• export your site as HTML, replace the file and upload the data via an extern FTP application, or
  • publish your site from Muse as usual, go to your server space and replace the sitemap directly there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the problems, you encounter by using the Muse-generated sitemap?

Coders tend to bash Muse‘s sitemaps (just as they dislike all not hand-coded sites), but I never encoutered any problems with it.

If you think, there are issues, why not replacing this Muse-sitemap with an externally generated one, for example by using this onlne tool: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you replace the sitemap in Adobe Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t want to use the Muse generated sitemap, but a different one? Then

• export your site as HTML, replace the file and upload the data via an extern FTP application, or
  • publish your site from Muse as usual, go to your server space and replace the sitemap directly there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A sitemap in XML format is merely to help search engine robots crawl the HTML pages within your website.  That's all it does.  It serves no other purpose.  

If you want to improve your website's SEO, that's simple.  Make it mobile friendly.   And ensure all pages contain plenty of keyword-rich content inside real text (not images of text).  Place your most important content above the fold inside heading tags <h1>, <h2>, <h3> and  paragraphs. 

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide - Search Console Help

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also page descriptions and page titles are very important. Maybe even more important than keywords. Watch this, if you need some SEO details: 5 Essential SEO Tips for Adobe Muse Sites | MuseThemes.com - YouTube

Of course all of the above posts are correct, too.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems you think it doesn't matter weather I use Muse sitemap.xml or xml-sitemaps.com. Better to uses Muse´s then. It´s a bit easier.

I've read quite a bit about SEO, especially the last few weeks, but those were great links, Nancy and fotoroeder. I got a lot of new and helpful information. Thanks.

The Google-link confirms, as far as I understand, that I should use the Muse sitemap.xml. Google says it is very important to have your pictures included in the sitemap. According to some on this forum the Muse sitemap does and the xml-sitemaps.com doesn't.

The problem I have had is that Google takes very long to index new sites och changed pages, or doesn't at all. If they do, Goggle Search Console very often say the pageis not included in the sitemap. One problem may be that, as I mentioned earlier, that I don't very often upload the whole site, just changed files, thus not upload a new sitemap. Another fault I think I may have done is that I have always uploaded the sites without http://www (due to some manual years ago).

The big thing about SEO I have neglected until later is the importance af page-titles. I have always used page-title-suffix (page characteristics on the master page), but according to MuseThemes in the link it is better to fully control this in the side characteristics on every page, which seem better. Do you agree? MuseThemes also use page-title- suffix but writes them in the page title of every page. Do you recommend that?

Tank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines