• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Social Widget Folder in Library Missing?

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've seen in tutorials that Muse has a "social" folder in the widgets library but oddly my Muse CC application is missing that folder entirely. I've added a screen shot of the widgets library. Additionally, in the Object>Insert Widget dropdown menu, "social" appears but has no content, I've also screenshot this. Why would my Muse program not have this feature? It's fully updated. Any help would be great! Thanks! Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 12.03.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-31 at 12.04.58 PM.png

TOPICS
Bugs , Product issue , Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to the newly introduced GDPR there arew no social widgets anymore. Why not simply add a button as you like and need and link this to the social media that you want - but be aware of the GDPR. It is not that easy anymore to use those social media channels and you must use a warning/alert to your users about what kind of data are stored and so on.

I know, Guenter has those social widgets and you might find these, searching in this forum, related to " social widgets" " missing" and you might find the corresponding thread - was in 2020, I guess last month or so (February or March).

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed the social widget from Muse 2018.1.1 (the last version released).  It was removed largely for legal reasons.  You shouldn't be using it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uve is absolutely correct.

Here's the thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/adobe-muse-social-widget/m-p/10830451?page=1

Hope it helps, Euan

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines