• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse text/assets not reflecting in Y axis correctly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My text and pictures are not reflecting in the correct Y position when I preview my muse website. For example I positioned some simple text at X 30 and Y 260. When I preview my site the text appears in the correct X position but not in the Y position. I would estimate the text is previewing in the Y position at about 140. I do have a rectangle sized 1280 in width and exactly 150 pixels in height positioned at 0, 0 in X & Y respectively on my master page at the highest layer (to act as a background for my logo and the menu). As I said my text on layer 5 is positioned at 260 in Y and appears under the rectangle when I preview the site.

Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this and/or have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Now I see! It is quite simple, but annoying anyway:

Your issue is due to a bug in the actual version of Muse.

You can

• use the temporary bug fix widget as shown here (first post, issue 1): https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374713
  • wait, until the bug fix version is released (not so long from now, I assume )
  • Change the white rectangle, placed on top of your master page from „Stretch to browser width“ to „Responsive width“.
  • try the prerelease version. In this case you have to sign into the prerelease progr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just give us a tiny sample .muse file, deminstrating your issue. You may use Dropbox, Creative Cloud or other file sharing services and provide the download link here,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the offer but my site is rather large (which could be the reason for the glitch) and has some confidential data. When I create a new website I do not have the same problem. Thank you very much again for the offer to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to strip down your site considerable without touching the issue (only one page, delete not involved elements, delete not involved breakpoints) anonymize text, delete images within its container.

I think, no help will be possible without seeing the .muse file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I was able to do exactly what you wanted and still have the issue...so great idea. Thank you again.

Here is a link to my dropbox here

Dropbox - newton_c_demoforquestion.muse

Kindly try to preview the "Events" page in a browser. You will hopefully see what I mean right away. The problem goes away if I unpin the rectangles on my Master page. It is so bizarre.

Thank you. Hope you can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t get me wrong: I won’t test your site. I am very active in the Muse forum, and don’t have the time to download (slow internet here) and test (look at every single element) Muse documents of this size – yours has 150 MB+ –, if it isn’t really necessary. Doing so, would „steal“ time, which is necessary to assist other users.

I asked you to „strip down your site considerably“ …“ Why don’t you simply do this? Do you expect us, the helpers, to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry I did not check the size of my file. I don't understand why it is so large (I stripped the site down to the bone). I will try to reduce the file size.

Just an FYI I humbly appreciate the help and by no means whatsoever expect it. I think the people here on this forum are awesome. It's been an incredible resource for us the last few years

Again thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reduce the file size to less than 10 MB's...again any help would be most appreciated. My problem is the same...and I just cannot figure it out.

Link is as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ui3cquxk14510mu/newton_c_demoforquestion.muse?dl=0

Thank you very much in advance for any time and consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. But what is needed: A description in which breakpoint should ’t happen what. No idea, what you want to tell us with this file. Please be aware, that we don’t know, what you want to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. When I open the Muse file and go to preview the Events page in the browser at the 1920 breakpoint...the svg text "Advanced digital entertainment...for your party/event" is hidden underneath the white rectangle on the eventsmaster_a Master page (which is pinned to the top of the page)...so the text is not positioning correctly in the Y axis. Better said the text in the browser view is not consistent with the view when you look at the default view on Events page. Furthermore you can only see the bottom of the orange color rectangle as well. If I unpin the white rectangle on the eventsmaster_a Master page then the text appears exactly as it should. Again I am using the 1920 breakpoint (but the same thing happens at 1366 and 1280.

Unfortunately I have to pin the white rectangle on the eventsmaster_a Master Page.

Any idea on why this is happening would be humbly and sincerely appreciated? Thank you very much for any time and consideration. I genuinely appreciate you volunteering to look. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I see! It is quite simple, but annoying anyway:

Your issue is due to a bug in the actual version of Muse.

You can

• use the temporary bug fix widget as shown here (first post, issue 1): https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374713
  • wait, until the bug fix version is released (not so long from now, I assume )
  • Change the white rectangle, placed on top of your master page from „Stretch to browser width“ to „Responsive width“.
  • try the prerelease version. In this case you have to sign into the prerelease program here www.adobeprerelease.com. The prerelease version installs alongside your actual version and won’t interfere with it.
  • Revert to the last Muse version using your CC Desktop App. This only works with a (backup) file, which hasn’t been saved in the actual version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My goodness thank you so much Gunter. As you said it is ridiculously annoying. I cannot thank you enough for solving my problem (I should have thought to try responsive width). I know it is into the early evening on a Friday night at your location...so you volunteering is extra appreciated!!!

Your help has been instrumental.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines