[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  And neither should you.  Support for Muse ends in 23 days. 

If you haven't migrated to new software yet, what are you waitng for? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy > What new software is there ? Which is just like muse and needs no coding knowledge ? Drag and drop style ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may read my post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/adobe-web-tool-use-going-forward-into-2020/td-p/10949078?page=1

For none coding, depending on your OS (PC or MAC) there´s blocs for mac that needs no coding skills and I know there´s kind of for PC but I lost it. There´s "Without Code" with some help from muse-themes.com  but that needs subscription, if you do business, means more than just your website (then it is kind of free).

To answer your question, yes I do. I have some Muse sites and they will need some assistance for quite some time. But I am on my way.

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be honest, Nancy! You never used Muse. So don’t tell users, that you "still" don’t use it any more. (I know, you claim, that you sometimes used it for "wireframing", but – honestly – I hardly can believe this. I think, your Muse skills aren’ sufficient for real wireframing. 🙂

And: "Support for Muse ends in xx days" Do you now intend, to give us a daily countdown? Wow, what a first class support action! Nobody ever heard of you in this forum, before Adobe stated Muse’s EOL. From that time you started throwing code snippets into every second thread and narrating everybody again and again of the near end of the world (= Muse’s EOL). Now you provide us a coutdown service. Thank you for that, Nancy, my queen of  apocalypse! 🙂 One cautious question: Does your mantra "Support end in xx days" mean, that your contribution to this forum will cease at the same time? In this case Muse’s EOL would at least have one positive consequence. 🙂

By the way: "Support ends" doesn’t mean "Muse stops working".

But: We told you this again and again and again and again. So I don’t expect you stopping from missionizing us to the "real faith". The only thing you will achieve is, that we, who really worked with Muse, stop our support activies here in this forum, because we are fed up to always "fight at two fronts": Correcting your comments and afterwards trying to support effectively.

But: Keep on crusading this forum! This certainly will be richly rewarded in your second life … 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not, I endorsed Muse to former DW users who didn't want to learn code.  While I appreciate your dedication and enthusiasm for Muse, I can't in good conscience promote it anymore except for quick prototypes and short term use while Musers migrate to new software.  Change is hard.  I think our main role here is to be supportive and encourage making this transition as soon as possible.

Muse has already stopped working correctly for many Windows users (the workaround is disconnecting from the Internet).  Another big problem is an outdated S/FTP engine.  Muse can't communicate with newer, more secure web hosts.  And when Muse's FTP fails, InBrowser Editing falls apart. So I ask you, what's not to love about Muse?

Keep using it if you must for personal projects.  But please don't be surprised when things stop working as expected.  Muse failures (site or software) are inevitable.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are not surpised at all. The reason we keep moderating your posts, you hardly ever did anything with muse except some coding proposals. Of course sometimes your support was helpful indeed but almost never with details on how to do any muse-specific issues.

Also nobody (at least as far as I´m concerned) denies you of wanting to help but … you know (Muse was never done for coding stuff - you know what I´m talking about)?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines