• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse VERY slow on MacBook Pro (15", 2016)

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Muse 2018.0 on my new MacBook Pro, and it runs EXTREMELY slow. Simply scrolling down a few hundred pixels, or moving text around is VERY jittery and slow to respond. My CPU is frequently over 100% on these activities. Can MacBook Pro not run Muse? As a comparison, Photoshop runs just fine. I've already tried uninstall/reinstall, used older version and was even given a release version by Adobe tech help, and NONE of those options worked. Please help!

SPECS:

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 450 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a MBP early 2011 just fine.

2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Must be something different, I guess.

Which OS do you currently run?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all your projects or just some?

Can you try doing a clean install of your software using Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems , reinstall the software using Creative Cloud destkop app, and let me know if that helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I tried your solution, and came up with the same issue. My CPU will go beyond 100% on just a simple scroll or text box move.

I try every solution posed by people on a "busy" project composed of pictures, text and responsive elements AND on a super simple project with only one colored box and a couple text boxes and get the same results.

Anything else I can try to resolve this?

Thanks,

Kosta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very strange, I must admit. I haven't heard of this issue from other users.

I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care  for further investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having these issues after talking to customer care. Has anyone who claims that Muse is working "fine" on their MacBook checked to see if CPU ever goes over 100% CPU? I did a system wipe and re-installed. Same issues. I just ran into this youtube video coincidentally showing the same problem I have on my machine. Adobe muse CC 2018 + iMac 2017 lag - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines