• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse website to Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible using the latest version of Adobe Muse to create a website, and then give this to someone else and allow them to be able to edit it either on a web interface or in Dreamweaver?

Is the Muse code clean enough to be able to use Dreamweaver, or does it contain unnecessary extra coding?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

For minor changes, I think it wont create any problem but if you want change anything nearly major, for example deleting or adding a section it might mess up the site.

Often it creates blank spaces and/or overlapping when you delete/add (even a minor) section. 

If you could specify what sort of amends your developer will make in dreamweaver, that would be helpful to answer the question accurately.

Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse works in a way to give us a sophisticated and complex website with auto-generated code. So I wont say it creates unnecessary but the code is rather complex in order to achieve such complicated functionality in muse website.  However, as a web developer, I can say that, the code is tough to work with Specially the html part.

About css, you can try adding new css rules but it will be nearly impossible to edit css generated by muse since the css is minified and compressed.

Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wanted to go from Muse to Dreamweaver, and not return to Muse with a specific website - could you export the site as a HTML site in Muse, and then edit it in Dreamweaver.

For example, if I wanted to create a website for a customer - could the site be exported and the customer be sent all of the files/ documents for that website, so that they could continue to edit it themselves?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For minor changes, I think it wont create any problem but if you want change anything nearly major, for example deleting or adding a section it might mess up the site.

Often it creates blank spaces and/or overlapping when you delete/add (even a minor) section. 

If you could specify what sort of amends your developer will make in dreamweaver, that would be helpful to answer the question accurately.

Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines