• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

muse website

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help. I have a muse website which is very simple.  It is split screen with an option to click one "division" of a company or another.  My questions is, how do I route each section to go to to a sub-domain?  I can provide the link if needed.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could either do one set of pages for one division and one set for the other division and have everything under one domain or create subdomains. It mainly depends on how many pages must be used for each division. You can link both ways.

For the menu you may have to use a manually set up menu instead of an "automatic" menu, though.

Of course you can provide a link in case I missed something.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Uwe, the link is file:///Users/carlosdiezjr/Documents/PID/Website/Export/index.html  This shows how you would click to go to the interiors division or construction division.  To add to that, each division has been created with a website, already designed on squarespace.  I would point those websites to the sub-domains I've created (on bluehost). 

A lot of moving parts, but my initial design was with Adobe Muse. I'd like to keep that as my landing page and then go to something that will be around for the future (design, logistics, re-design, etc).

Hope that makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a file on your local computer, not a URL.

file:///Users/carlosdiezjr/Documents/PID/Website/Export/index.html

A URL is https://example.com  or https://subdomain.example.com.

Point your domain name to the bluehost server's IP address where your site resides.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Nancy posted, your "link" is not a link. Provide a real website-link, please and a happy new year.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse = html

fyi bluehost is a wordpress hosting server... well known for not playing well with others

if bluehost is a 'must have' then imo you will be better to stop using Muse and goto one of the wordpress systems like pinegrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines