• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Websites Not Displaying on Chrome (Mobile)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I've noticed something odd with all of my adobe muse-created websites. None of them are displaying on chrome on Android. (S8 - latest firmware)

They open fine on different browsers on my Samsung but i'm getting a blank screen on Chrome. Tried refreshing, clearing cache etc.

This has started around a week ago so I presume it's due to an update with Chrome as I haven't updated a few of my websites in quite a while.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Is there any known workaround?

One website example that isn't displaying is Accredited Edinburgh Electricians - McElhone Electrical Services

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

the basic problem is a re-direct script has to know what type of device it is before it can send the correct layout

a lot of devices don't fit inside the nice simple boxes of ipad or blackberry and many people block scripts from running for private | security reasons so then you end up looking at blank landing pages which Google will mark your score down for having

the only part of the internet that stays the same is that everything changes and its up to you to keep up with those changes if you wa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s doing fine on "my" Chrome, though, settled in Germany.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to my muse website as well.

After entering its website domain, a completely blank page is appeared.

It will not load any text, any pictures, any scripts at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can’t say anything without a working link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Help I am serious problem because I get white mobile in google chorme android is the only one that is not working because before if they worked super well and now the latest version google chrome android mobile was updated until there was that affection nothing is seen all this is the most serious but very serious in the world because most of them I did a lot of web clients large companies, small and user, now they called me to inform me that they do not see anything in mobile and now that I am going to do with big problem but very big I need who solves me update the javascript code for mobile redirect is urgently urgent urgently please look for adobe engineer muse to solve urgent is massive global please help help who can update the code to redirect mobile in javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your keyboard lack punctuation keys? For me, jt is almost impossible to read and unterstand your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Xavier+Frasser  schrieb

Help Help I am serious problem because I get white mobile in google chorme android is the only one that is not working because before if they worked super well and now the latest version google chrome android mobile was updated until there was that affection nothing is seen all this is the most serious but very serious in the world because most of them I did a lot of web clients large companies, small and user, now they called me to inform me that they do not see anything in mobile and now that I am going to do with big problem but very big I need who solves me update the javascript code for mobile redirect is urgently urgent urgently please look for adobe engineer muse to solve urgent is massive global please help help who can update the code to redirect mobile in javascript.

Maybe same issue as the OP? Did you create adaptive layouts with a phone version? Might be better with responsive layout. Let us know some links maybe?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But we can not change to responsive because to do a responsive is a more difficult job I'll send you a link to look at the work we have done more difficult to do a responsive but as I told you and if I change the responsive configuration can damage all the page but I need someone can solve me urgently that is updated the javascript code to redirect tablet and mobile

www.unicredito. com.co   -   www.headhunterhr.co   -   www.cinextv.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Xavier+Frasser  schrieb

But we can not change to responsive because to do a responsive is a more difficult job I'll send you a link to look at the work we have done more difficult to do a responsive but as I told you and if I change the responsive configuration can damage all the page but I need someone can solve me urgently that is updated the javascript code to redirect tablet and mobile

quicklly maybe hardly here why couldn`t you add a fixed width breakpoint your phone version is fixed width anyway so it shouldn´t be too complicated but takes some hours indeed but it is not our fault as you may have heard about responsive design I do not talk about the quite tough fluid responsive layout but the fixed width layout which is quite well to do in muse without hazzle or you know a coder by yourself I don`t know except the ones I mentioned in my previous post how is it for you to read without punctuation BTW isn`t it strange for you to read your own post without commas and points or dots as you prefer?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Xavier+Frasser  wrote

the redirrect codes are correct and work for my andriod phone running chrome

your customers are looking at blank white pages because you have set the home page to auto-load videos & a pop up... this is bad design but not bad code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll explain it clearly ...

I tell you what is happening I have all the web that we have created by adobe muse we have 5 site that redirects to the right mobile page but it turns out a day or two ago I present a failure that the cell phone android google chrome that is not working the web page adobe muse are not loaded white but other browsers such as mozilla, edge and rest works well when the page is displayed on mobile but google chrome does not work not because it seems that the browser google chorme android just updated latest version but I think that adobe muse needs to update the javascript code to redirect tablet and mobile because it is not working to the new browser google chorme for android I need urgent but urgent someone can solve the updated code for this browser of google chrome android enters the page www.unicredito. com.co   -   www.headhunterhr.co   -   www.cinextv.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm from my side that redirect does not work properly on chrome android but as I told already it is recommended to not use adaptive layouts but use responsive design instead sorry about that but coding isn´t something in this case as muse writes the code so it may best to change sites in that way by adding all content from phoneversion to a fixed width minimum width of 380  or 320 as you like and paste that content to this after having pasted the content delete the phoneversion of your site - it may take some hours but it is the best way I´m afraid.

Maybe some coders out there (Hi Nancy OShea​ - in this case your skills might be very welcome - and of course hi Ussnorway ) has a better idea and knows about changing javascript, if this even is the issue here.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Xavier+Frasser  wrote

adobe muse needs to update the javascript code to redirect tablet and mobile because it is not working to the new browser google chorme for android

I'm afraid that will never happen.  Muse is end of life. and all Muse development stopped last year.  Nobody is updating the code ever again.   The best approach is to re-build your sties responsively. There is nothing to be gained from having separate URLs for mobile/tablet & desktop. 

Phone URL

http:// www . headhunterhr . co / phone / index . html

Desktop URL

http:// www . headhunterhr . co /  index . html

The main problem is that some user-agents like Android will pretend to be a desktop device's user-agent, so the re-direct  JavaScript is ignored by the browser.  Submit a bug report to Chorme Android. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy   . So Xavier, as I already mentioned, fastest way seems top be, recreate your Phone version into a responsive design. The longer you wait, the longer it takes.

Kind Regards,

Uee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is, if I have the current and if I give change responsive that is not damaged truth is unbalanced all the work we have done the web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if someone is developing to update in javascript that understood the last message ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that's not the case, I just ask you to update the adobe code, ie javascript, so it's not working because the navigator mozilla, safiro, edge everything works fine, but the only thing that does not work is google chorme android that should do is update in adobe javascript muse because they do not do the adobe muse to do the favor and update only by javascript to detect the phone well but I am a big problem but very big because we have created the web in redirect 100 web page imagine all the company called me because it says that nothing is seen by google chorme and now what should I do to recover this 100 pages that I have to do with this please I need help or solve a new widgets so I can detect automatic by mobile that is updated the javascript code for google chorme android I need a help because I made the test to pass in responsive this super difficult and It is damaged like crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's out of our hands.  We don't work for Adobe.  And Adobe stopped working on Muse last year. 

It's time to start migrating sites to another web authoring app.   Hopefully something that allows you to create responsively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can not be the truth I am super disappointed very big I am very serious with the clients but super serious you know how I know the thing because the Adobe program that is not played because when most I am paying the annual plan with the whole adobe package and now does not continue adobe muse that is serious thousands of users is creating this web page with adobe muse that can not be played that is very serious very large and now thousands of companies are going to sue me so the mobile is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not new.  The announcement was made last year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This announcment by Chrome, (6 months ago in Chromium dev log) explains the problem -

quote-

As of Chrome version 65, page redirects of all kinds are automatically blocked in your Chrome browser; unless you purposefully turned off this protection.

End quote.

Asking an end user to do this is NOT an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if people type in the website domain like following on Chrome Mobile by using phone, muse does not really show anything anymore.

My site is https://bodywize.com.hk/

It is responsive, with 1200 px, 780px and 400px respectively which sets in fluid width. Now it stops working on the android which uses Chrome Mobile.

It does not show anything at all but in blank.

The website itself is responsive. Does this mean Muse

Websites can no longer being opened in Chrome Mobile?

It cannot open the main index page, but all subpages as well. Now Chrome Mobile seems totally unwelcome to Muse Websites.

Even if it does not know how to redirect anymore by using a JavaScript, but why it didn't just show the website version?

Just like few years ago?

As for mobile version, what i have is https://bodywize.com.hk/phone/

which i had been making 50 pages or more, since 2017.

But how do ppl knowing to browse this link?

Most ppl only type in domain name without phone/index.html

Not until they goto Google Search and type in the name,

then it will list out in the Google Search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is also affecting a responsive site, Chrome Mobile just does not connect to Muse Websites any longer.

This is something to be more related of Chrome updates.

Except i chose to block Javascript on Chrome Mobile site setting, and checked the box - desktop site.

But then many things are missing, including images, hyperlinks, and not to mention paragraphs misaligned...etc

I have installed Firefox for browsing and testing the site again. Firefox works fine without any problems.

It loads the javascript then redirects to mobile version of the site.

Windows phone (I.E.) and iphone (safari) are redirecting just as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I do not want to sound condesending, I do wish to point out that testing on an mobile device for this problem is not as simple as going to the site and seeing if it loads.

Currently androids built in browser is on version 67, that means that only the very latest android OS will have the problem. Even devices that are only 6 months old may not experiance any problems, as when you buy android devices they do not necessarily have the latest OS. Some manufacturers deliberatly choose older OS's, especially for the middle to lower end products.

Even updating the OS, (not always possible) may only update to a dot version of the original OS, and not the latest version.

However, checking the charts the downloadable Chrome for Android, (not the same as the Androids chrome browser) is on version 74.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree with your supposition but

1. i can only test on devices i own... i have tested the 3 sites on my phone and the code works
  2. Muse is end of life, if Apple decides to bugger the way Chrome works again then that is up to them to fix now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines