Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse zu WordPress Template

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auf Deutsch:

Kann man Muse CC-Entwicklungen in ein WordPress-Template überführen? Macht das Sinn? Wenn ja, was ist eine gute Quelle? Ich fand das Projekt muse-to-wordpress, das ist aber nicht stark frequentiert.

In English:

Is it possible transfer Muse CC developments into a WordPress Template? Does it makes sense? If yes, what is a good source in your opinion? I've found the project muse-to-wordpress which is not highly frequented. So I don't know if this is a good approach.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

rkendlbacher  написал(а)

Is it possible transfer Muse CC developments into a WordPress Template? Does it makes sense?

If to answer shortly - it does not make sense. Do not waste time in vain. If you need a website on wordpress, just use wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello rkendlbacher,

If I understand your query, you are planning to integrate your Muse site with Wordpress correct?

We have had a lot of f discussions on this forum regarding this similar topic, and this is the latest discussion to refer - MUSE to WordPress.

@fotoroeder and Can you please shed some light on Publiz as well? I remember you mentioned it in a couple of discussions before.

Ussnorway I guess you too have a sound knowledge of WordPress and Muse integration, Would you mind sharing some of your insights on this as well.

Based on your inputs I would probably plan to create a Knowledge Base document on this topic as it is one of the widely discussed over the forums.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear ankushr,

thank you al lot for replying and helpful links. I guess a knowledge base to this theme would be very helpful.

Regards

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit, that I always followed a recommendation from Ussnorway​.

What I always tried to throw in was "communicator" where the muse gets kind of transformed into an open source CMS called Contao.

This might be a CMS like TYPO 3.

It was called TYPO light in the past and changed to Contao.

That was the time when 2 clients came up at the same time in need of a CMS in future and I kept my ears open.

Unfortunately both contracts did not come to life so …

The only thing I do not like that publiz needs subscription from the clients and even if the minimum of 5 bucks doesn`t seem to be too high, I really hate all subscription plans which force me and the client to pay over and over. So, as I use my Adobe apps all time, I don`t want to force clients to do the same. With Adobe I am further more pretty sure that it updates frequently –  publiz on the other hand?

I don`t know.

That´s the only advantage about communicator so far.  Also and not unimportant to me personally, it has German support.

I want to dive into this in August and let you know.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rkendlbacher  написал(а)

Is it possible transfer Muse CC developments into a WordPress Template? Does it makes sense?

If to answer shortly - it does not make sense. Do not waste time in vain. If you need a website on wordpress, just use wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible transfer Muse CC developments into a WordPress Template?

yes

rkendlbacher  wrote

Auf Deutsch:

Does it makes sense? If yes, what is a good source in your opinion?

no... there are some senarios that need it but Muse is a square peg and Wordpress is a round hole so it takes skill to match them up and to be blunt, most of the time its just not worth the extra effort

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines