• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mute autoplaying embedded Vimeo video

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to mute an autoplaying embedded Vimeo video?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at the client end yes they can mute the sound from their browser or set mute as the default... you can also just make the Vimeo without sound in the first place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like for the viewer to have the option of turning the sound on, but I don't want it on initially. Similar to how videos play on social media sites.

I tried to have an embedded video autoplay with sound, and it is having an odd effect where, to the best that I can describe, the website is playing the original video with audio, AND it is playing another layer of just the audio on top of that, almost as if two video players are running at the same time with the same video (with a few milliseconds delay on one of them). If you pause the original video, that second layer of audio keeps going, with no apparent source, and no way of stopping it. It does this on every computer and every browser I have tried. It only happens when I set the embedded video to autoplay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines