• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My first Muse site newbie questions

Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted my first site in Muse. Even www.mikegondek.com turns into "About" by adding http://

About

There are some obvious problem such as the text does not reflow and the footer has a gap. Wanted to ask if someone could review and give me some tips to get rolling along with Muse better.

I have not done any breakpoints yet, want to get a good foundation with the 1600 pixel setting I started with. My background is with Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign. AE & premiere and muse is new to me so please be gentle.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

As I said: Quite simple to fix:

1. Very, very important: Set every text in text boxes and menus to a standard font or a web font. You are using system fonts on master page (menu) and layout page (text boxes), which have to be converted to images during output – and this causes major layout issues! The reason for that you can see here in my answer #4: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163
  2. Go to the master page and pin your menu to the left, so it can shift inwards with the page, when you reduce the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume, that there are quite easy fixes for this (well, „easy“, if one knows a little bit about how Muse is working)

Because there may be different possible reasons for the glitches and I n order to not run into an endless question and answer game, it would be the best, if you share the .muse file „as is“ with us:

Upload the .muse file to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here.

You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, was not sure if that would be helpful. Thankyou that would be great.

Dropbox - Website-1.muse

The slideshow is doing well for me so just sent the muse file.

I am thinking of rather than having individual pages for each submenu, is to instead make anchors links for the submenus. To reduce the amount of pages flashing, thinking from a usability standpoint act might be better, your opinions are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: Quite simple to fix:

1. Very, very important: Set every text in text boxes and menus to a standard font or a web font. You are using system fonts on master page (menu) and layout page (text boxes), which have to be converted to images during output – and this causes major layout issues! The reason for that you can see here in my answer #4: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163
  2. Go to the master page and pin your menu to the left, so it can shift inwards with the page, when you reduce the browser window. Pinning.jpg
    Use the 3-dot-page pinning, not the 6-dot-browser-pinning for that.
  3. Go to the „About“ page, pin the text frames to the middle (3-dot-page-pinning) and set them to „Resize: Responsive width“, if you like.
  4. If you set the text frames to „Resize: Responsive width“, group the upper text frame with the slide show and the lower text container, so that these elements know, that they should move downwards together.
  5. Delete this rectangle with this „greyish“ color on your master page and color the browser background with this colour, using the corresponding command in Muse’s upper control strip. The coloured page background isn’t necessary in this case any more.
  6. There are some more small glitches bottom of your page), but I think, you find the solution by yourself!

Here a small screencast, how your page works after these modifications:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I choose Parlucent from typekit with this checked.

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 2.38.13 PM.png

but seems I missed the extra step of clicking the plus sign here

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 2.48.40 PM.png

My top & bottom dark grey bars are set to resize: stretch to browser width.  Can I do that to the light grey Page: Fill: ?

Thanks so very much I learned more from your post than watching hours of videos.

Any more tips please advise

www.mikegondek.com

Dropbox - Website-1.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please specify you question?

You are asking: "My top & bottom dark grey bars are set to resize: stretch to browser width.  Can I do that to the light grey Page: Fill: ?"

A page fill fills the page. A browser fill fills the browser window’s background.

Since the page width in most situations isn’t the same as the browser width, it normally isn’t possible, to fill the browser window using a page fill – but there is an exception:

You can tell Muse to stretch you complete page automatically to browser width: In this case, the page width is identical to the browser width. To achieve this, just click on the „page expand“ icon to the right/left of the breakpoint bar. The double arrows now will point outwards:

page-extender-2.jpg

Now you page stretches browser-wide and the page fill fills the browser window.

Not sure, if I understood your question correctly …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes perfect you understood my question, apologies for not being more clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines