• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My formatting of the brakpoints and contents aren't being correctly displayed in a normal page.

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a master page and set the breakpoints and content correctly. It works fine as expected on the master page. But when I go to a normal page the content formatting goes crazy, I don't know why. I would like also to tell you that the contents in each breakpoint in the master page is independent of other contents present in other breakpoints. I thought that complete formatting of the master page should be automatically carried out to normal pages. Please help me regarding this.

I HAVE UPLOADED A VIDEO ABOUT THIS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

I know this! But I got a different screen, when I followed your link to OneDrive for the first time!

Now your issue:

I think, it is not that difficult to correct the page.

• First issue:

Your master page has a page width of 1600 px (widest breakpoint), you layout page has a page width of 380 px. Go to „Page Properties“ and set it to 1600 px too!

• Second issue:

You have a fixed width page with fixed width breakpoints and run into a simple problem:

• Using fixed width breakpoints/pages you have to transf

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might imagine, that is is very(!) hard, to follow a video, without having any(!) idea, what „goes crazy“. What should we look for? Why don’t you tell us? Just be aware, that we can’t know, what is „expected behaviour“ on your side, and what is wrong in your eyes.

Is it the menu?

If yes: Please delete all elements from all pages, except the menu (and, if any, all other misbehaving objects). This is necessary to save download and analysing time)

Save this .muse file under a new name, upload it to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then we can have a look.

You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem with all the contents. I am currently using Muse 2017. Here is the link Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Could you please specify exactly, what the issue is, and give us a file, which shows this issue? We definitely can’t re-build your complete site.
  2. Could you publish your .muse file with a service, which doesn’t require a registration. I don’t want to sign up to Microsoft.
  3. Perhaps reading this link may help: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8749608#8749608

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to sign up. Just close the small window and you will see a download button. Just press it. See the images below. It's hard to explain because i am not so fluent in English.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

By the way here is the link again OneDrive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this! But I got a different screen, when I followed your link to OneDrive for the first time!

Now your issue:

I think, it is not that difficult to correct the page.

• First issue:

Your master page has a page width of 1600 px (widest breakpoint), you layout page has a page width of 380 px. Go to „Page Properties“ and set it to 1600 px too!

• Second issue:

You have a fixed width page with fixed width breakpoints and run into a simple problem:

• Using fixed width breakpoints/pages you have to transfer your master page breakpoint to the layout page too.
    • There are two simple ways to do this:
      • Go to your layout page and click onto the small triangles at the top of the breakpoint bar. These triangles represent the master page breakpoints. Click onto these triangles to reveal a „+“ icon.
      • Click onto  the „+“ icon to transfer the breakpoint to your layout page.
      • Do this for every breakpoint.
        Masterpage-breakpoints.jpg

Or:

• Go to the master page and copy an element (no matter, which one)
  • Go to your layout page and choose menu „Edit/Paste and Create Breakpoints“. This will create all master page breakpoint on your layout page too. Afterwards you can delete the pasted element.

Now, your site should be ok!

• Three important annotations:

1. Try to reduce the amount of breakpoints , if possible. Nine breakpoints are a little bit too much.
  2. You obviously are using an outdated version of Muse (Your file is converted, when I open it.) You should use the newest version.
  3. Not really sure, but your .muse file might(!) be corrupted. For a site with such a few elements it is much to slow in handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

O I am sorry I missed to change the width of the layout page. i thought this would also be carried out to the layout pages from the master page. What I think best is to work separately for each layout pages and leave the master page completely empty but it may time consuming. This is my first responsive website to make with muse. Earlier I had static websites having separate files for phone, tablet and desktop.

I will definitely follow your steps to complete my project. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines