• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My last question went unanswered. MUSE uses cloud javascript

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have a app that needs to have all the html pages parsed and then inserts the objects/text/stuff etc then loads the pages just as is. This breaks things in Javascript and I get 404 errors when trying to fix the broken javascript like this. scriptsmuseconfig.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found). That is not my server.

In the Chrome latest version development council on a latest mac running the latest OS. Everything is configured properly and ALL javascript fails to load

even facebook buttons, paypal buttons etc ON A RUNNING and resolvable https sight!

I noticed some funny things in the html page.

1. first there is a nojs hmm I wonder what that could mean maybe "No Javascript" found and then a few lines down judging by the text it looks like adobe tries to remove this with a global  search and replace in the document. This is highly annoying and "Defective by design" programming. Why would a page not want to load javascript? Don't answer that one it is rhetorical.

2. It seems as though despite my questions to ask the sales person about the possibility of ransomeware and aboneware i.e with cloud and asking specific questions about whether or not

1. The data  an code was all being saved and could be exported on local disks

2. The code was clean

I was offered a 14 day trial period, and i had a lot of work to do to get it going, and now I find that

1. Adobe does tie into the cloud and it is not saved on disk

2. The code is not clean (the javascript files are all just one line) and I can't fix it even if I wanted to

So I am politely asking that my subscription be cancelled after 14 days because you did not deliver what you promised and allow me to continue my work without not having to pay double to your products and another which only relies on it's own javascript.  There are lots out there and if I am forced to pay for a whole year for $500 nonetheless the word will be getting out. [phone details removed by ussnorway]. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Hi

First I have not read your previous post, so I have no idea about which server rendering program you are using.

From what you say it sounds like you are trying to use a system similar to Opera Mobile, in which all the parts of the page are put together on the server and then the page is pushed to the users browser/device for rendering. I do not intend to criticise you for this as Opera Mobile is still a widely used system used by many 'feature phones', (not smartphones) and is also still widely

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First I have not read your previous post, so I have no idea about which server rendering program you are using.

From what you say it sounds like you are trying to use a system similar to Opera Mobile, in which all the parts of the page are put together on the server and then the page is pushed to the users browser/device for rendering. I do not intend to criticise you for this as Opera Mobile is still a widely used system used by many 'feature phones', (not smartphones) and is also still widely used in many countries.

Unfortunately this will never work with Muse, or most web sites built that rely on css and/or javascript for there functionality, as these files are not loaded to the browser/device, (reason for 404) only the final page is sent. The nature of Muse is to make it a simple web site creation tool for those who do not wish to look at code, or write it. This means that much of the functionality that one would use in a Browser is taken care of via javascript in a file that has been minified to make it as small as possible to save bandwidth, (that's why it looks like one continuous piece of code).

Without this file many, (if not most) features will not work correctly for the end user, as all the end user has is a simple rendered page with no functionality except the basic ones that would be available if you used a simple html file, with any styling applied on the server.

All I can suggest is that you contact customer care and explain the reasons you wish to cancel your subscription to them, though I will point out that on such a set-up as you are employing, a simple html/css page done in a code editor would be much more suitable.

Hopefully a staff member such as Preran​ will see this, and supply the customer support details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Paula. I am checking with a product team member. Responses may be delayed because of the long weekend.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Preran,

The system the OP is using sounds like the 'Opera MIni', (previously called Mobile).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines