Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My website doesn't update...

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm stuck with a problem! I'm a guy that never had some sort of computer education, I'm just interested in webdesign and have been trying to learn

as much as possible myself. Now when I've put together my site, it won't update when I edit my "index.html" file... I'm hosting my own webserver with an raspberry pi

and I'm now trying to remotely update my site with FileZilla FTP client. The transfer of all files works perfectly but when I later chech in my browser, it still displays the previous version of my site.

I've read that alot of people saying that it might be my "web-cache", but I've tried to clean it but it didn't work! Also, if it would have worked, I can't have everyone

that accessing my site to clean their cache everytime I update...?

I'm also using a software called Adobe Muse to create my site, I don't know if that matters but who knows.

//Johan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

No, you can’t. But since other users don’t visit your site so often as you do during development, the issue should be very, very seldom.

Try to follow these recommendations to suppress the alert: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357661

If you are sure, that there definitely are no „missing files“, you may use this free widget: https://widgetsformuse.com/widgets.html#!/Tools-Hide-message/p/86716540/category=22375045

Or the „Page Updater“ from iVi design: https://www.ividesign.ch/widgets/index.html#whl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In muse you do not edit the index.html by yourself. Muse does this for you.

What did you try to edit in the index html?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for responding! I think you misunderstood me, I didn't go into the HTML-code trying to edit something.

I was just redesigning my home page (index.html) in muse.

So I re-designed my page and tried to upload it to my webserver, the files transfered through FileZilla but the page doesn't update...

//Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Why do you use FileZilla and not Muse’s own „Publish“ functionality?
  • Did you try to delete all files on your server before re-publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've tried to use the "publish" function in muse but I won't get it to work,

thats why I export it as HTML and transfers it with FileZilla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you don’t get this to work too!

And what about deleting all files from server before uploading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that aswell!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a link to your page and a screenshot of its intended view.

Additionally, publish your site temporarily and for free to businesscatalyst using the „Publish“ button top right in Muse‘s applicatin window, and look, how you site displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where you will find my page: www.jwennerholm.com

This is how it looks like:

Img_1.jpg

This is how it is supposed to look like:

Img_2.jpg

Thank you for trying to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are the differences, you are talking about? The text? I see the correct version with the  „test“ text, not the „Loren ipsum“.

There are also some significant design issues, but these have nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the text is the diffrence! Okay, then it have to be that my browser stored it in the cache...

How can I solve this? I mean if I update my page now you won't be able to see it because your browser now stored this page in the cache...

What I'm saying is that I can't clear everyones caches and I'm looking for a way to solve this problem, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can’t. But since other users don’t visit your site so often as you do during development, the issue should be very, very seldom.

Try to follow these recommendations to suppress the alert: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357661

If you are sure, that there definitely are no „missing files“, you may use this free widget: https://widgetsformuse.com/widgets.html#!/Tools-Hide-message/p/86716540/category=22375045

Or the „Page Updater“ from iVi design: https://www.ividesign.ch/widgets/index.html#whl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines