• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation in website preview "Home" button is not working.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with the Home button not working when selecting it from another page. All other navigation selections work. Closing program, restarting Adobe does not solve the issue. I'm needing a solution in 4 days if possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

One time is enough for both of us .

I couldn`t detect why your menu didn`t work.

If I delete it (blend it out) on all of your masters, then again choose the widget out of the widget panel and do the same on all masters, the menu works as expected.

Is this one of these famous "glitches", Günter Heißenbüttel​?

Watch this:Home ​You can download (not necessarily) from browser.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-17 um 02.44.30.png

I did not care about the design at all. I guess, just create your new menu and go for it.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you can`t provide a link or a screenshot, or a simple, one page .muse , reduced to your issue and share this via dropbox, CC or similar file sharing, it might come that you wait much longer than 4 days .

Without seeing anything – just guessing – does something overlap with your menu button for "HOME"?

What does it mean btw, "is not working" ? Does not correspond to the mouse cursor? Does not link to "HOME"?

Do you use a manually menu or an automatic menu?

What do take for lunch?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind insight and processes. I just wish to explain at this time.

When previewing the website as a whole and navigating away from the home page. I am not able to click on "home" and go back to the home page. It acts as a dead link. It is this way from any of the 7 other pages.

There are 3 master pages copied from the A master. All the items on all the master copies are lined up and they are not overlapping on any screen resolutions with any other objects.

8 web pages in total.

I used a Muse Adobe widget for the navigation and it created all the pages in the site.

I have been looking to see if I can relink if you will the button properties for the home button.

that is where I am currently at, and enjoying a beer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So please drink one for me too but only after you have let us have a look on your .muse.

Please, if possible, use just seven pages (or is it eight altogether?), put your menu in it, also show us your different masters.

Then, I am sure, after two beer (I like it quite cool in summer times), we could present a solution.

I am quite sure that there is something laying on top of your menu.

Maybe you use a 3rd party widget?

Best regards and cool times

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Hi Uwe,

I have here a screen shot of the site design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to send you other examples as I am still pretty new or not that well adapted to computer file usage. I'm trying to help you help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use dropbox? Or try CC? : Watch this:  Re: How can I share a .muse via CC? I lost the description.

wetransfer only if you are afraid of keeping your files for lounge time here in this forum.

But for learning purposes it would be great for other users, if they could see.

If possible delete as many assets as possible, pictures and stuff.

It is quite possible, that you find the issue by yourself this way, but now you are cooled enough with two ice cold beers ?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s one way, before you start to delete.

Your menu should be in the top layer on your master.Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-16 um 23.58.50.png

All other layers should be below, in this case. Then the menu should work as expected.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made sure of this and it did not seem to change the behavior.

Thank you!

I'll keep playing around with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, play with it or pass us the .muse. It could double the speed.(But I don`t promise people nothing. The light at the end of the tunnel might be another train.)

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I pass you the muse Uwe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  schrieb

Do you use dropbox? Or try CC? : Watch this:  Re: How can I share a .muse via CC? I lost the description. 

wetransfer only if you are afraid of keeping your files for lounge time here in this forum.

But for learning purposes it would be great for other users, if they could see.

If possible delete as many assets as possible, pictures and stuff.

It is quite possible, that you find the issue by yourself this way, but now you are cooled enough with two ice cold beers ?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Use this answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will work on this for a day more. I don't think I need to scrap much.

Prost ! On to shots!

I'll be back with good news or ask for more assistance. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, blend out all elements except the menu and blend in element by element to find the issue.

Does your menu work by STRG+Shift+E (preview page in browser) with the master?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time it did not change anything opening from the master to web browser.

Best Regards,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you blend out everything except the menu, does it work then? Still working on the master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

When I go to preview web site in a web browser, the address bar says

http://192.168.1.5:33333/Preview/jet-auto-care-website-2.02/index.html - it says index instead of "home.html". All of the other pages have the related page name in the browser. that is all I am noticing. If I type in home.html I get an error page in the browser.

Does this tell you anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The file name of every "home"page had to be "index.html". No way out!

Your link leads to your very own computer, therefore we can't follow it.

Why don't you spent some minutes to give us the .muse file? You told us, you "need a solution in 4 days". Now, after post 19, we are not one step nearer to the solution than in the beginning. fotoroeder​ explain in post 13, how to do this.

I bet, the solution in fact is really, really simple. But as we don't know your .muse file, and can't be absolutely sure, that you realize the recommendations as intended, nobody can guarantee to find the correct solution, if we go on this way.

Therefore: Please, provide the .muse file via Dropbox, Creative Cloud or a similar file sharing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One time is enough for both of us .

I couldn`t detect why your menu didn`t work.

If I delete it (blend it out) on all of your masters, then again choose the widget out of the widget panel and do the same on all masters, the menu works as expected.

Is this one of these famous "glitches", Günter Heißenbüttel​?

Watch this:Home ​You can download (not necessarily) from browser.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-17 um 02.44.30.png

I did not care about the design at all. I guess, just create your new menu and go for it.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

What do you mean by blending it out? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

Sorry, This is the most I have ever used a forum of any type. So I am not as fluent in responses.

Thank you for hanging in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In layers panel clicking the left icon (dot or the eye) besides the name of the element blends it out (clicking the eye blends the whole layer and all elements out),

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-17 um 03.00.43.png

In your case, delete your menu ( before you want to create a paragraph style for your menu – call it MENU ), and then simply drag one more time the menu widget onto your page, apply your paragraph style MENU to it and finished.

I just didn´t want to delete it so I blended it out, that´s all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset you menu files by dragging the home page to a new spot... then put it back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting. How comes this? Even easier than deleting and setting up new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fotoroeder  wrote

How comes this?

Dynamic code mate.

I'm not sure how he got it scrambled... perhaps the alt layouts or changed the default index but the reset is a built in bonus to using the Dynamic code of Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines