• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a Muse Guru

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I'm of stuck and need to speak to someone maybe through skype and do a screen share. Any one willing to help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Did you look into the background fill panel? You can adjust by using the fill method and the 9-dot-icon.

If this isn’t enough: Size your image in advance correctly in Photoshop or a similar application.

And again: No element overlapping the page/breakpoint boundaries (if you mean this with „clipping“)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually urgent so will really really appreciate it if someone could help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, most of us is not bored at all, not lying on our sofas, reading novels and eating candy So what exactly do you need? I personally do not skype, my time is running, too. Why not give an example, a link, a screenshot. Maybe help is near but nobody wants to buy blind and most of us do not like to be put under pressure on a friday afternoon

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I designed a quick website on muse for a client. Desktop version looks ok but sometimes I have the same problem.

What it is, I have background image which I have bleed out a little so that the viewer has a bigger screen it will just fill up. Without leaving white background. I didn't want to make the image resize height and width because I need the image to stay on one spot. So I was thinking that is it possible to have the clip (the box you minimize to had sport of an image) to resize that than the image itself. Or I the another way to do it? Also it it more obvious what is going on, on the tablet and mobile version. Because the image is bled out, you can scroll right and you can see the image making the white space in the blue areas.

www.istanbulkebableightonbuzzard.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here is an example of what happens on the desktop version. If I can some how have the clipped image's box resize to the width then it will solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never, never place elements outside/overlapping the page boundaries! This causes tons of issues. (This is not a Muse problem it defeats the way, browsers are working.)

You may read this related thread: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953

If you need elements, filling the screen, use „browser fill“ (in Muse’s upper control strip).

(And please don’t tell your client about your Muse skills )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But with background fill I cant manually adjust the image. or can I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I think what will help me solve it is if I can find a way which the image stays still, not changing size at all. The only thing that is happening is that the image is being clipped according to the screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look into the background fill panel? You can adjust by using the fill method and the 9-dot-icon.

If this isn’t enough: Size your image in advance correctly in Photoshop or a similar application.

And again: No element overlapping the page/breakpoint boundaries (if you mean this with „clipping“)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done what you have advised. And I still get the same issue On the tablet and mobile version I can still slide to the left and when I do, it stays there. White Ive updated the site so you can see what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems, that you haven´t created any breakpoints for smaller devices.

A screenshot with your site "in front of muse" shows where approximately you might add a breakpoint and reorganize your elements for that breakpoint:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-23 um 16.11.25.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-23 um 16.11.50.png

Of course it is good practice to allow enough space, so you might use 950 or even 960  instead of 940 or 930.

And now you may take care for even smaller devices and may have to use one more breakpoint at (768 is/was quite common) as soon as your design "crashes" again. The idea of using breakpoints, do not look too much on devices - better look on design purposes.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No chance to help by continuing this funny question and answer game!

Please do this:

• Delete all(!!) pages except the master and index page of your site’s desktop and phone version.
  • Delete all elements, which aren’t related to your issue.
  • Save this small .muse file under a new name.
  • Upload it to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service.
  • Post the download link here.

The we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines