• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need button that policy has been read and accepted when registering for site?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a woodworking business that does CNC and sells products. I need a square in a PDF document AND on a registration page for the site that policies have been read and accepted. Is there a way for either option in a PDF or registration Widget? I have been thru tutorials, guide, and other websites seem to have it... ...but not Muse. I would also wonder whether to do that I have to use Dreamweaver and whether this Muse design will export in full to Dreamweaver.​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

I think, you can achieve your intention quite easy in Muse:

Create a page with your registration form and configure it to jump to the page, you want, after having sent the form successfully to you. You can define this behaviour in the form widget‘s configuration panel. Make sure, that the page behind the „form wall“ can‘t be reached otherwise, for example by a button or a menu entry.

Concerning your PDF: You can make it available for download quite easy by using the „Hyperlinks“ menu in Muse‘s upp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is End of Life.  I cannot recommend using it for new projects.

You can export Muse HTML, CSS and JavaScript code but it's ugly to work with and probably more practical all around to just re-build the site with something other than Muse.  

HTML5 form with checkbox.

HTML Forms

PDF forms have nothing to do with Muse.  Use Acrobat or Live Cycle.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have understood for the comment on end of cycle for Muse. What I would want to know if Muse site I am working on can get exported or imported to Dreamweaver. Depending on your answer it seems to me, I could design in Muse as a "front end" to a website, and then continue on with Dreamweaver. The Muse iteration in Dreamweaver would have to look and function as in Muse.

As you ponder this, today I am going to work out your suggestion on Forms in Muse. Once the registration is completed, I am going to redirect the action to open a page in Muse using another page based on another Master Page.

What is "form wall"? I will try to find this explained inside Muse and will be leaving my email open in case you issue a response alert.

I am very appreciative of your help. Just wondering whether Muse behavior inside Dreamweaver has been tried. Your suggestion regarding "rebuilding with something other than Muse" I have been wondering about for some time. I would wonder if you have ever tried with Dreamweaver as described. I am thinking ahead to another project I have in Mind for Dreamweaver because of the need for PHP, JAVA, and especially SQL... It is just that quickly designing a front end seems so easy with Muse I would have thought Adobe would acknowledge its value for quick and easy conceptual purposes and have a Dreamweaver function(s) for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse‘s code is built in a different way than handmade code. Muse has to find a way, to generate code for every thinkable web site, not only for one individual site. Therefore Muse code is not that simple to understand and read.

Dreamweaver imports some Muse sites fine, but unfortunately not all – and if it does, it will not be funny to modify this code within Dreamweaver.

In short: Muse‘s code is output code, which isn‘t intended to be modified manually. If you want or need this, Muse is definitely the wrong application. Additionally, Muse doesn‘t support dynamic, data base driven sites at all.

Your second question: I used the word „form wall“ describing a page, which contains a form and reveals another page only, when the form is filled in and sent successfully. For example: If you want to download a PDF of see a specific information, you have to fill in and send a form, and afterwards the page containing the requested elements is shown. In this case, the page with the form acts like a wall, quite similar to a „pay wall“, which only reveals a digital magazine, when you pay for it in a first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Malcolm+L+Koch  wrote

What I want to know if the Muse site I am working on can get exported or imported to Dreamweaver. Depending on your answer it seems to me, I could design in Muse as a "front end" to a website, and then continue on with Dreamweaver. The Muse iteration in Dreamweaver would have to look and function as in Muse.

Try it.  Export your Muse project to HTML.   But I am almost certain you won't like the experience.   DW & MU have about as much in common as tea leaves and elephants.

​Muse was designed as a code generator aimed at non-coders.  The trade off for that ease of use is  very confused, boated code that's difficult to work with -- even by expert coders.  To make matters worse, the code MU generates is not web standards compliant.   And you really need a standards compliant front end if you hope to build a good web app.

Unlike Muse, DW is a web standards compliant code editor for front end work.  It's designed for people who want to work with  HTML, CSS, JavaScript (not Java), PHP, XML, JSON, LESS, SASS, SVG, etc...  If you wish to build a database driven website in DW, you will need to purchase 3rd party extensions or 2nd software such as Wappler.   The other alternative is to code everything manually.

Dreamweaver Extensions for data driven sites:

Wappler - Visual Web App Creator

https://wappler.io/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also have a look at pinegrow. Muse Sites (its html of course) are quite good to see how they appear and may give you an idea of what to do and helps avoiding adobe if this helps you in anyway.

I like the way, how pinegrow can open up urls and learn - I like the idea of their "snapshots".

(No, I don´t get paid either from adobe nor pinegrow )

They can do all the data driven stuff as well, as I can see. Have not read anything about MySQL, though. Just check it.

Free test is unfortunately quite short time (7days ).

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at it. Went to Monthly Subscription with WordPress. Seems there is a sale today. I think I will try this. Seems a little rude to be doing this and thinking about Dreamweaver, but indication is that Pinegrow will import a Muse easily and work with it more fluidly than Dreamweaver. Seems not loyal, but I need to work out my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

…, but indication is that Pinegrow will import a Muse easily and work with it more fluidly than Dreamweaver. Seems not loyal, but I need to work out my site.

That was my experience, too. About loyalty, we won´t dive into deep here .

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you can achieve your intention quite easy in Muse:

Create a page with your registration form and configure it to jump to the page, you want, after having sent the form successfully to you. You can define this behaviour in the form widget‘s configuration panel. Make sure, that the page behind the „form wall“ can‘t be reached otherwise, for example by a button or a menu entry.

Concerning your PDF: You can make it available for download quite easy by using the „Hyperlinks“ menu in Muse‘s upper control strip. But the creation of this PDF has to be done in other applications (InDesign, Acrobat, …).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines