• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help changing one word of code for audio widget

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the audio player widget from 123muse.com. By default, this widget's code has the preload setting at "auto." Here's a copy of the code:

<div id="wrapper">

<audio preload="auto" controls>

<source src="assets/sermon-1-7-18.mp3"><!-- Hide -->

<!--<source src="Add File"><!-- Hide -->

</audio>

Since I have several of these on a few pages of my site, it takes nearly 90 seconds to load up the each of those pages. During this long load in time, my navigation drop down menus don't work, since they are one of the last things to load in. What I want to do is change the preload setting to "metadata," like this:

<div id="wrapper">

<audio preload="metadata" controls>

<source src="assets/sermon-1-7-18.mp3"><!-- Hide -->

</audio>

Anyone know of a way to do that within Muse? I know I could send the whole site over to DreamWeaver and do it there, I was just hoping to find a way to do it without having to take that step.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, if your widget has no options for it, you can't change it in Muse.  

The bigger question  is "why do you need a widget to play audio?"  Every modern browser natively supports MP3 <audio>.   Instead of the widget, use Object > Insert HTML directly into your Muse page.   This CodePen shows how to create your own  HTML5 Audio Player with Playlist

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

123Muse i.e, Chris made a 2nd version of their audio widget to fix the loading and the play issues... this now stops playing one sound when another starts for example. this is the widget I use and imo the best around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines