• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with a simple Hyperlink issue

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a simple HTML doc.  It is for work.  Last year I did the same document and created links to mp3 as well as PDFs.  When you click they opened in the browser.  The mp3s would play in a new window.  This year when I do the same thing as soon as you click the mp3 link it downloads the file rather than playing the file.  I need to figure out what I am doing differently.  I need it to open the mp3 in another tab and play it as it did with last years document.

Thanks in advance!

BV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

are you using Muse to make this doc?

two options;

• you made a mistake in the code

or

• the browser you used to test is set to ignore code and force a download instead of playing in the browser

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using Muse to make this doc?

two options;

• you made a mistake in the code

or

• the browser you used to test is set to ignore code and force a download instead of playing in the browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Found it in the browser settings.  Chrome was working and Firefox, Edge, and Explorer were not.  Didn't think to check browser preferences.  Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines