Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with Printing a webpage to a pdf w/o header and footer

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a website that auto populates my clients information onto marketing webpages they need to print and/or email to their customers.

I need to know how to add a print and email option to the webpage that will

1. allow them to print the formated webpage to 8.5 x 11 (PDF or just printer) without showing the webpage header, footer and page number as a pdf.
  2. allow them to forward the webpage as an email (note: if they forward it will their information still show because the had to log in to a secure site for their information to populate.

Thank you all for any direction and suggestions!

Jody Bruns

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Not sure what this has to do with Muse even, since clearly it sounds you are using another system. The forwarding will have to be done within that dynamic system, anyway. If it doesn't offer any facilities to generate the PDFs server-side and keep them in the processing loop for mailing, then this is not doable. The rest can be achieved using media queries for the @print media type in CSS, but you have to add it manually since Muse and most otehr systems don't care much for providing print-speci

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what this has to do with Muse even, since clearly it sounds you are using another system. The forwarding will have to be done within that dynamic system, anyway. If it doesn't offer any facilities to generate the PDFs server-side and keep them in the processing loop for mailing, then this is not doable. The rest can be achieved using media queries for the @print media type in CSS, but you have to add it manually since Muse and most otehr systems don't care much for providing print-specific features.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am using Muse.

Jody Bruns

720-692-7241

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste the contents of the website into a new pdf excluding the header - job done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks however I need a permanent solution so my clients can print new Marketing materials on the fly.

Jody Bruns

720-692-7241

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jodybruns  schrieb

Thanks however I need a permanent solution so my clients can print new Marketing materials on the fly.

If this comes up more often than once a month this job really needs a CMS.

You could either go and use publiz.com or similar or use BC as host to get this done or change from muse to WP/JOOMLA/…

This can not be done in muse out of the box.

But kind of this answer already given by Mylenium​.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines