• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to tweak muse HTML export files. Where are the links?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I have a muse website that uses the Proxima Nova font and a client that only needs to change one link address in the site.

We would like to simply open a relevant file in text edit to change the address of one link and replace that file in the HTML folder. Sounds simple but I can't seem to find where external links are stored in any of the muse HTML, CSS, XML, export files.

Can someone point me to the right direction?

TIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Either the client changes that link in inbrowserediting or you change it in the muse file and re upload/republish. There´s no way to just change the xml file and muse detects this and shows the new link. Each time you publish changes, muse needs to write some new code.

Hope that helps

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either the client changes that link in inbrowserediting or you change it in the muse file and re upload/republish. There´s no way to just change the xml file and muse detects this and shows the new link. Each time you publish changes, muse needs to write some new code.

Hope that helps

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Uwe. Using the in-browser editing worked. I couldn't use the Muse application because proxima nova needs to be replaced in order to upload now which of course is a huge PITA.

Thanks for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad, I could help.

Why does this proxima nova needs to get replaced?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because the company that makes it pulled support and replaced it with another version of the font I believe. I get the 400 Error anytime I try to upload or export HTML. I tried all the workarounds and nothing seems to work other than replacing with another font.

Error 400: Font not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines