• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New at responsive design, need assistance.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come from the Dreamweaver world, and this is only my second Muse website. I have to admit, responsive design has become by biggest challenge.

The problem I'm having is my master page looks entirely different when applied to a child page. A new, blank child page. The breakpoints don't look the same. Am I missing something? I feel like this is a major malfunction that I can not solve.

You can see the problem here: Adobe Muse: Responsive design problem - Album on Imgur https://imgur.com/a/za8opjD

First image is the Master page at 1025px breakpoint. Then the child at same breakpoint.

Third image is the Master page at 880px breakpoint. Then the child at same breakpoint.

Why are they different?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell, without having a look at your .muse file. Your screenshots are way to unspecific and don’t show the settings of all the elements. Upload it to Dropbox or a similar service and we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, thanks for your patience.

Here is the file: http://visualrealtime.net/SiteDebug.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just have a look at this (modified) sample file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ggc2sv77x68vpj/SiteDebug_Mod.muse?dl=1

This should work as expected. I did nothing special. Only repositioned the elements breakpoint-wise. and placed the master breakpoints at the same position on your the layout page

Additionally I coloured the page background to better see the behaviour of the element in front.

Please have a look at the file and get back, when there are further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Vira+V  wrote

I've come from the Dreamweaver world, and this is only my second Muse website. I have to admit, responsive design has become by biggest challenge.

Go back to Dreamwwaver.  Muse is discontinued software that has no future beyond  March 2020.   Muse generated code is not being updated.  So the sites you build with Muse today may or may not work as intended in a few months.  The only thing that is certain is that the web keeps changing and Muse is not keeping up with those changes.   Learning to build responsive layouts in Dreamweaver is not difficult and a lot more rewarding  than you might think because you control the code.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for telling again and again and again!

Really: Why don’t you create a forum document about this and link to it? This would save us to read your ever same posts in every second thread and you have more time to answer the real questions of the forum members’ issues (if you are able to).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter, thanks as usual for all your kind words .  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • So, create a document and link to it.
  • So simply try once to solve a Muse issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines