• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW TO MUSE / OLD TO CODING - HAVE QUESTIONS.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am new to MUSE but old to coding.  I like the MUSE application and see how I can split my data driven web pages to those of Muse (until I get up to speed with making my own XML files for muse).   I have a few questions.  Can someone help me with these questions.

Please correct me with this but I believe MUSE works similar to PhoneGap.  Build once / deploy everywhere.  Is this correct?

What is a GOOD web site to buy bundled widgets?

I like some at www.museforyoushop.com but there are some widgets I like at www.muse-themes.com.

Here is a possible dumb question ....

Can I mix widgets from different vendors?   I am presuming Yes but I have not started working with MUSE yet.

Although it is a nice software,  I do see some limitations but that can be removed when I get to understand XML better.

Please share me your thoughts.  Just a sponge right now.

edb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

I´m happy not to talk to sponge Bob, though .

1) It is best practice to use as little 3rd party widgets as possible.

2) To mix 3rd party widgets (look 1)) leads to issues on some sites – the website-designers then come back to this marvelous forum .

3) It is a very good idea to talk to vendors, it takes some time mostly, so be patient.

My experience with phonegap is "0". Muse is in some tools comparable to InDesign (print design and webdesign is quite different in some details, though), if this is w

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m happy not to talk to sponge Bob, though .

1) It is best practice to use as little 3rd party widgets as possible.

2) To mix 3rd party widgets (look 1)) leads to issues on some sites – the website-designers then come back to this marvelous forum .

3) It is a very good idea to talk to vendors, it takes some time mostly, so be patient.

My experience with phonegap is "0". Muse is in some tools comparable to InDesign (print design and webdesign is quite different in some details, though), if this is what you want to know.

Muse is a web app for designers. You do not need to understand XML. It is not bad to understand XML, though.

The same applies to coding, not necessary but in some cases good to know.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your input. I will stick to one Widget seller then. I really don't need to use MUSE. Its just that the simplicity of using muse is easier than coding it. However, I like to hack into the .MuCow files and see what makes it tick. Who knows. Maybe I can make my own XML MuCow file and sell it like these other people are doing.

Its a good way to promote your experience.

Edb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines