Highlighted

New version of Muse breaks numerous things in our site

Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last two versions of Adobe Muse have broken my clients website. Even items we have not touched since the site was created over a year ago are now not working the same:

Here is the version of the site pulled from the backups of the server in July.  The entire site is working 100%.

T&MDG | HOME

Please notice:

1. The home page gallery works perfectly regardless of the responsive breakpoint. This is using the Fluid Gallery widget from Qooqee.com and has worked properly for over a year.  

2.  The 3 column buttons under "Our Services" and under "Our Team" align perfectly center in the browser and do not move.

Here is the same site using the 2018 version of Muse.  The 2 items above are no longer working right. In the outer breakpoint everything is fine, but then when you go to the tablet and mobile breakpoints the gallery images disappear (although the page responds as if there are images) and the 3 column buttons under "Our Services" and under "Our Team" are now sliding to the right, off center. Why?  Nothing in the programming has changed between the two version for either of these issues.

T&MDG | HOME

I have ALOT of work to add to the Virtual Tours for this site so I need to figure out what can be done about this ASAP.  Please help.

I am already thinking I should revert back to the previous version of Muse so I can get this site working 100% again. This is amazingly frustrating since I am also having to revert Photoshop 2018 back to 2017 because of numerous issues with text leading and transformation boxes not working right. Come on Adobe, why are you releasing software that is breaking features and no longer working the same.  Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New version of Muse breaks numerous things in our site

Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last two versions of Adobe Muse have broken my clients website. Even items we have not touched since the site was created over a year ago are now not working the same:

Here is the version of the site pulled from the backups of the server in July.  The entire site is working 100%.

T&MDG | HOME

Please notice:

1. The home page gallery works perfectly regardless of the responsive breakpoint. This is using the Fluid Gallery widget from Qooqee.com and has worked properly for over a year.  

2.  The 3 column buttons under "Our Services" and under "Our Team" align perfectly center in the browser and do not move.

Here is the same site using the 2018 version of Muse.  The 2 items above are no longer working right. In the outer breakpoint everything is fine, but then when you go to the tablet and mobile breakpoints the gallery images disappear (although the page responds as if there are images) and the 3 column buttons under "Our Services" and under "Our Team" are now sliding to the right, off center. Why?  Nothing in the programming has changed between the two version for either of these issues.

T&MDG | HOME

I have ALOT of work to add to the Virtual Tours for this site so I need to figure out what can be done about this ASAP.  Please help.

I am already thinking I should revert back to the previous version of Muse so I can get this site working 100% again. This is amazingly frustrating since I am also having to revert Photoshop 2018 back to 2017 because of numerous issues with text leading and transformation boxes not working right. Come on Adobe, why are you releasing software that is breaking features and no longer working the same.  Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another note to this:  Under About Us there is another "Fluid Gallery" and it acts in the exact same way with the new version. Works on the outer breakpoint, but not in the inner breakpoints.  I am going to submit this to Qooqee.com support as well, but this widget should not stop working just because of an upgrade to the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a snapshot of the backup page fully working.tm-july-backup.png

Here is a snapshot of the same page with ZERO changes exported from Muse 2018:

tm-july-after.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some third party widgets do break sites. They need to be updated From the third party vendor. Some vendors are better at this than others. This problem is going to continue to persist if better communication between Adobe Muse and third party vendors does not improve. I’ve been saying this for some years as some others have as well since Muse was first released.

That said Muse can’t possibly have all of the variant widgets that a designer might want to use but Muse can and should have the basic kitchen sink variety of widgets. It seems they do and are getting better at providing them. That way when a new release comes out everything works out if the box. Mean while “caveat emptor” buyer beware of those third party widgets. At least just be aware that you may have to update them. This is no different than any other third party widget similar to Photo Shop or other software.

If you try removing (just temporarily) the widget see if it works. goodluck with Qooqee ...there are enough posts here reporting poor customer service. We try to avoid third party widgets. If we have to we use Muse Themes. we have had the best lunch from them getting on things and fixing them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2017 1
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your response and yes I understand that the Fluid Gallery needs to be supported by them.  I am already in talks with them about this and sending a version of the file to them to help troubleshoot.

But, #2 still is Adobe Muses issue.  This is a standard Composition widget and my layout has not changed.  The widget buttons are no longer locking to center as it is programmed and drifts to the right when the browser gets smaller, WHY??  I get things change, but please don't change for the worse and break things that other wise were working perfectly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing too much except screenshots: the 2018 version needs less pinning than the previous versions. Try to unpin, especially the one that drifts to the right, when the browser gets smaller. Or maybe pin it different?

If you still need any assistance, provide a .muse, simply one page with your misbehaving element – it might be though, that you find the solution by yourself this way .

At the moment my experience, stay with your latest version, in your case 2017 or 2015?

Try, with a separate file, saved with a new naming step by step your older files with the current version of muse.

It might be poor but still I recommend this. If you start from scratch less issues come up, again in my experience.

Almost everything is said about qooqee, unfortunately. ankushr40215001

or Preran​ – one of you has good connections to qooqee, right? Could you shed some light into this?

I don`t know too much with muse-themes.com , they answer quite reliable but takes one or two days, in my experience.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Thanks for the heads up Uwe.

Will try to get in touch with them and escalate the issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI,  I have been in touch with Qooqee and they said I am using an old version of their Fluid Gallery plugin (V1.2) and to download V1.3.  The main issue I have with this upgrade option is that the Muse software does not have a way to upgrade widgets used in a project to their latest version.  If I change the widget, I have to rebuild what ever I did with that widget in the past since the program would have changed.

Is this correct? Does Muse really expect us to have to rebuild sections (sometimes hours or days of work) every time we get an upgrade for a third-party plugin that offers much more powerful features than the standard Muse widgets?

If there is a way to upgrade a widget to it's latest version and keep the setting/programming we originally made with the widget, please let me know how. I was shocked when QooQee told me this via email. How could Adobe not support their users and the companies that make plugins for their software (making it so more people want to use their software with better features) by not allowing a plugin to be upgraded in their software. Its baffling me that this would not be a feature available from the beginning of the software.

Also, here are the new URLS I made to keep the versions straight:

Original Muse file - Home page working 100%

thomas-mack.com/tm1

Muse 2017.1.0 - August version when the site originally broke - ZERO changes to the home page

The Fluid gallery breaks on responsive breakpoints and the Composition widget no longer centers properly

thomas-mack.com/tm2

Muse 2018 - Latest version when the site originally broke - ZERO changes to the home page

The Fluid gallery breaks on responsive breakpoints and the Composition widget no longer centers properly

thomas-mack.com/tm3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schiemer  schrieb

Is this correct? Does Muse really expect us to have to rebuild sections (sometimes hours or days of work) every time we get an upgrade for a third-party plugin that offers much more powerful features than the standard Muse widgets?

If there is a way to upgrade a widget to it's latest version and keep the setting/programming we originally made with the widget, please let me know how. I was shocked when QooQee told me this via email. How could Adobe not support their users and the companies that make plugins for their software (making it so more people want to use their software with better features) by not allowing a plugin to be upgraded in their software. Its baffling me that this would not be a feature available from the beginning of the software.

All widgets from muse out of the box get updated as soon as you start with a new version. Ask QooQee why they do not provide a better service and …

1) tell their clients about updates available?

2) Why they don`t provide support how to update their widgets?

3) Why let people wait mostly longer than expected?

Address your anger to the right point.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not anger... more disappointment.

1.  Qooqee does notify of updates, same with MuseGrid and other third party developers. I just never did the upgrade since it wasn't until the upgrade of Muse that the widget broke.

2. Qooqee has provided me support and a walk through of how to update, but in this walk through, they can only use a remove and install feature of the plugin in the software. There is no ability to upgrade a widget in Muse allowing for the previous widget programming to continue to be used.  Your Muse widgets allow for this upgrade since the upgrade of the widget occurs with the upgrade of the software. It's like WordPress expecting a third party to add the ability to upgrade the widgets installed in their CMS ... No, WordPress added the ability for plugin companies to upgrade the widget installed and continue using the plugin with the program changes. Sometimes changes need to be made after the upgrade, but a full rebuild is never the case.  This really should be a feature request.

So, as I asked before, can Muse upgrade an installed widget?  If the answer is yes, then how?  If no, it explains my disappointment since I need to spend the next couple days of unpaid time rebuilding multiple galleries on multiple sites that use this plugin and others plugins by MuseGrid, etc to keep my clients sites working with the new version of Muse that broke them.

3.  I am not understanding the statement.

Again, not angry, just disappointed that this software seems so promising, but has caused me so much trouble and cost me hours/money that I don't know if I want to continue building sites with it until numerous things like this get resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ...I get your pain...There are some weird glitchy behaviors that seem to be remedied by opening and closing the app. (crazy) An example is when you create a text box on a master page with say 40 pixels of padding all the way around L R T B. then open a corresponding layout page that the master is applied to the left right padding does not work (there is none) just the Top Bottom! Click the padding link and close the app, cross your fingers, reopen and it works! Just not always. So you are correct. More fastidious internal testing is needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi support,

I am still working with Qooqee about the Fluid Gallery widget, but my question about the Composition widget is still an issue.

I have removed all pinning from the widgets under the Our Services and Our Team sections and that has helped with the content sliding right off the page.  But, I am having the hardest time keeping the content centered on the page as the responsive width adjusts. The left side barley moves, while the center and the right side of these sections move over quite a bit.  This makes the left side and center overlap each other since the left side does not move over much to keep the content center.  I have been looking into each individual piece to make sure each item has the pinning removed too, but it does not seem to help.

Here is the Muse file with just the home page.  Can I please get some idea as to how to get the content to appearcentered and not overlap.  This new Composition widget is a pain in the butt along with the issues the new version of Muse is causing with 3rd party widgets. I am seriously regretting upgrading back in August to 2017.1.0 and now to 2018. Please help:

Files uploaded for viewing

T&MDG | HOME

Muse file:

http://www.thomas-mack.com/tm4/TMDG-ResponsivWeb-11-1-17-v4-HomeOnly.zip

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0