• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie : Code (fix) to switch to Tablet Version at 920pixel browser width or less

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So hello Musers - I hope you are all happy and healthy?

I have a daft newbie question - I'd like for users visiting the Desktop Version of a Site to be automatically

redirected to the Tablet Version when the User re-sizes the Browser Window to Less than 920 Pixels wide.

I'd pefer not to have to create a New Break point 😉 as these 2 versions exisit already.

Thanks in advance if anyone can supply me with an answer / fix in Hmtl code or not.

Cheers Guys & Gals.

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

If you did create adaptive layout, so a separate desktop/tablet/phone layout, this is not possible.

If you want the tablet version to show on desktop you have to create responsive layout.

This does not automatically need a breakpoint if you use fluid width layout. But this is a design task.

Give us a link and we can have a look and do more suggestions.

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did create adaptive layout, so a separate desktop/tablet/phone layout, this is not possible.

If you want the tablet version to show on desktop you have to create responsive layout.

This does not automatically need a breakpoint if you use fluid width layout. But this is a design task.

Give us a link and we can have a look and do more suggestions.

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe for your input - this is what I thought. It is not so important. But thanks for your time.

Best Wishes

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You`re welcome.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines