Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

News area

Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please can someone tell me, or point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to have a news area in a Muse site. I don't understand what RSS is or means. I need to have a news area away from the site where other can log in and add content and it show in designated areas on the website.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

For information on what RSS feeds are, see RSS - Wikipedia

RSS feeds allow you to link to sites of interest, and any updates to the site are reflected in the RSS feed. For example, if you are subscribed to sports from CNN, (see RSS (Really Simple Syndication) - CNN.com ), any updates to the sports section on the CNN site is automatically reflected in the RSS feed on your site.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn’t possible in Muse out of the box. Muse has no data base background for now.

Perhaps you should have a closer look at this widget: https://www.qooqee.com/adobe-muse-widgets/muse-blog-cms

It allows displaying and administrating blog posts directly within Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I dont understand what that is, are there any walk arounds or examples at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For information on what RSS feeds are, see RSS - Wikipedia

RSS feeds allow you to link to sites of interest, and any updates to the site are reflected in the RSS feed. For example, if you are subscribed to sports from CNN, (see RSS (Really Simple Syndication) - CNN.com ), any updates to the sports section on the CNN site is automatically reflected in the RSS feed on your site.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dandybox,

Looking at your requirement RSS feed seems to be best suited for you.

However, I am not sure if any other users can have access to the feeds and same shall be displayed in Muse.

You can find more info on RSS Feeds here - Add a blog feed like Tumblr or Wordpress in Adobe Muse.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what is RSS? What does it stand for and how does it relate to a news blog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines