• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No scroll bar

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish my latest html project from Muse and upload it to our server I loose the ability to manually scroll down the page.

The interactive buttons work ok and jump to the specified areas - but there is no scroll bar and it will not let me scroll with my mouse.

I have already published 90 of these HTML projects to our server and ALL have worked no problem.

I just don't understand what the issue is with this particular one. I have done nothing different!

Please can you help?????????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

May I give an unwanted proposal? Give that textbox some space, using the "spacing?" panel:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-07 um 08.38.58.png

So it doesn`t look like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-07 um 08.13.39.png

Of course you could also move that textbox in smaller breakpoints.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of posting tons of questions marks, it would be more helpful to give us a link to this misbehaving site/page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all other pages work as expected, just copy one of the working pages and use that to replace the non-working one.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s nothing to copy from anywhere (Nancy OShea It is kind of funny how you coders cannot explain to us noncoders how something works and the other way round - vice versa what should/could the OP copy from other working sites and paste that into the nonworking site?). But before I corrupt this thread,  deem80412911​ Simply give us a link (as Günter Heißenbüttel​​ already asked) to your website. You may have either used some 3rd party widgets or browsers have updated? May I ask how you publish? From within Muse or export as html? - I don`t think this has something to do with your issue, but … .

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  wrote

There´s nothing to copy from anywhere

Have you never used File > SaveAs to copy a document?   It works universally in Photoshop, InDesign, MS Word, etc.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you never used File > SaveAs to copy a document?   It works universally in Photoshop, InDesign, MS Word, etc.....

Use this every single day with Adobe and Affinty and capture one as well so what should "save as" do in MUSE case? Start from scratch with a complete different website like Günter Heißenbüttel​ mentioned? It´s one more proof that you have no idea how Muse works , of course I have a learning curve as well with that coding stuff … .

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to you all. I have found the answer myself.

It was all to do with the page properties and manually adding a vertical scroll bar.

For some reason the other projects that I published automatically produced a scroll bar, but my last one didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the case, there is a „bug“ in your design anyway. You shouldn‘t need extra code for that.

@Nancy: WOW, what a cool finding! Your proposal is to re-create(!) the whole(!) site using a copy! Really streamlined workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I´m having the same problem. This is not my first website with this issue, already check if the widget I have in this site (multi level drop down menu) it´s the problem but the widget is ok.

I just read that you can manually put the scrollbar. How can I do that?

Here´s is the website I having the issue: Airpark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

romanoqro  wrote

Hi! I´m having the same problem.  ...already check if the widget I have in this site (multi level drop down menu) it´s the problem but the widget is ok.

I'm confused then.  Because  your URL has neither a drop-down menu nor a missing vertical scrollbar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already fix the problem. I follow deem80412911 post

File - Site properties - Content

And in Browser Scrollbars I change from "automatic" to "always"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I give an unwanted proposal? Give that textbox some space, using the "spacing?" panel:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-07 um 08.38.58.png

So it doesn`t look like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-07 um 08.13.39.png

Of course you could also move that textbox in smaller breakpoints.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fotoroeder i´ll make that change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You´re welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there.

For an automatic scroll bar when published go to:

Page Properties, Options, Browser Scrollbars and select Always.

Dee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines