• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Normal' state not working for custom nav bar

New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a personal portfolio site. I want to have custom, hand-drawn-and-scanned type for the nav bar and the site title. I'm not using a menu widget; I placed my scanned type as vectors and set them as hyperlinks to my different pages. It seems to work fine. However, the state changes aren't totally working. My state changes are just opacity changes. For example, on normal and rollover, the opacity is set to 40% and 70% respectively, so that it goes from light gray to darker gray, to black (100%) when active. But for some reason, the 'normal' state isn't working. All three buttons are stuck in the active state (black) unless I roll over them. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to just use a menu widget, and if so, how can I still use my scanned type for the buttons?

I'm very very novice at Muse if it wasn't obvious. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a small .muse file with nothing but one of these nav buttons?

You may share it via Dropbox, CC files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to guess that the "normal state" is being overridden by your browser's history and what you're seeing is the Visited state.

a  {  }  /**any link**/

a:link  {  }  /**any unvisited link**/

a:visited { }  /**a visited link**/

a:hover  { }  /**on mouse over**/

a:active, a:focus  {  } /**on clidk**/

On text links, the browser's default color for visited links is purple.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines