• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not sure what I am doing wrong but there are elements on my page that won't move up the browser at smaller sizes. So when the elements above them shrink they stay in the same position in the browser and a large space develops

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up a single fluid page in Muse as a demo for a client but when I preview this in a browser certain elements move move up the browser when the elements about them shrink. Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Ok, I see now!

Please look at this site, which is a modified version of yours (I modified the positioning of the images in smaller breakpoints and the distances between some elements to minimise scrolling actions on your site and make „debugging“ easier. But these modification had no influence of the behaviour of the site.):

http://dataimod.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

The „Before“ part is the original page, the „After“ part contains my modifications.

I really can’t list all the glitches, which

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved it from the lounge to Muse CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may have tons of reasons!

Please take your Muse file and delete all pages but one, and all elements except the ones, which don’t behave correctly, and give us this .muse file to inspect. Please follow these instructions, to do so: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should move up/down? Could you specify? I can’t see an element which should do this.

But what you should change:

• You are using system font! This is causing lots of issues! Read my post #4 in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163
  • There are elements, which you don’t allow to scale: The „Book Now“ box, the long rectangle on the top of the page and the „D“ image. Especially the long rectangle should be set to „fluid width“, because now it „bleeds“ out of the page/breakpoint width, when you move the scrubber (this grey handle top right of the breakpoint bar) inwards. This isn’t allowed, because it causes heavy issues on mobile devices.

Perhaps this fixes your issue (, which i am not aware of).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice.

The main element that is not working are the two key lines around the 'Rainforest' heading. the heading moves up the page but the key lines don't.

I'll fix the header and font issues today.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you give us the wrong .muse file? I can’t see no „key lines“ and no „Rainforest“ heading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are there on my copy of the file (a good scroll down the page) The copy line is 'a uniques rainforest paradise)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see now!

Please look at this site, which is a modified version of yours (I modified the positioning of the images in smaller breakpoints and the distances between some elements to minimise scrolling actions on your site and make „debugging“ easier. But these modification had no influence of the behaviour of the site.):

http://dataimod.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

The „Before“ part is the original page, the „After“ part contains my modifications.

I really can’t list all the glitches, which at the end led to such a „misbehaving“ page. But I hope, you may find your way through all these modifications.

What I generally did:

• Changed scaling and pinning attributes of many element.
  • Made the layout more „structured“ by adjusting the width of different elements (this makes it easier for Muse to determine, which element influences which others)
  • Grouping elements

I’d suggest, that you have a close look at this site. You may download the related .muse file directly from the sample site.

• Attention: The sample site is made with the actual version of Muse (2017.1). Older versions won’t open the project file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you so much for this it looks fantastic. I'll take a look at both files next week to find out how you worked your magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines