• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OAM not displaying properly in webpage

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an .OAM file through Adobe Animate and put it into my website, but every time I preview it in muse/load it in browser, something goes wrong with the animation:

-some of the sparkles aren't working (they all should be shifting from very small dots to fully extended sparkles, then back again)

-the blinking animation isn't working (it should not be showing all frames of the animation at once, and should not display above the glasses layer)

-the clouds glitch out (should be smoothly running at a fairly consistent speed)

What goes wrong is inconsistent, based on me reloading it a few times... The orange sparkle never works and the clouds always glitch, but the blinking sometimes works. Is there a way to fix this and make it consistent?

Here is my website, where you can see the animation issues. I can upload the OAM file or muse file if needed.

These errors are not present in the adobe animate file, so I don't think it's an Animate issue. The animation was done in frames/keyframes and it loops just fine in SWF form and in the program.

It was built in Adobe Animate version 18.0 (Build 107), and my site is built with Adobe Muse version 2018.1.0.266, CL 807255.

I use a Windows 8.1 64-bit Laptop.

Previously, I had a .SWF file on the site, but I've been told browsers are shifting away from SWF support. I did not run into these problems with the SWF, but I need my site to be accessible on mobile, so that's unfortunately not an option anymore...

So I'm hoping there's a way to make this OAM work, or to have a workaround!! Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

that is the original size. It was originally an interactive flash SWF, with clickable stuff inside that lead to webpages. Now that it's an OAM, it isn't capable of linking to other webpages. But it's ok, because I wanted to preserve the animation without sacrificing color clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problems are caused by how you are trying to implement your idea.

Each animation is done separately which is (for want of a better description) overwhelming the browsers javascript engine, as it is trying to render and animate too many items at once. You could try creating the cloud and star effects as one set of animation 'frames', or removing one effect at a time to which one may be causing the problem, (sometimes an animation that looks simple can take up more processor speed than one that looks complicated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so do you mean merging the layers of sparkles into one layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would do, is try to find out which part of the animation is causing the problem first. Then once you know that try different methods on that part of the animation, such as merging layers. Don't forget to save each trial separately using a different file name though, otherwise you could end up loosing some of your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a large animation... was the file sized up i.e, did you make it at that size?

p.s, loads and works ok for me on FF

Screenshot (1029).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that is the original size. It was originally an interactive flash SWF, with clickable stuff inside that lead to webpages. Now that it's an OAM, it isn't capable of linking to other webpages. But it's ok, because I wanted to preserve the animation without sacrificing color clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines