• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object on top of object: messes with horisontal space

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with a website, but it's actually an issue I've come across several times. When two objects (e.g. image over image) are placed on top of each other, the horisontal space moves oddly when changing the browser size.

Image 1. The space between "frokost menu" and "serveres mellem..." looks like it should

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 13.25.22.png

Image 2. When making the browser smaller the space between "frokost menu" and "serveres mellem..." becomes larger, which it shouldn't.

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 13.24.48.png

If I remove the image below (background_image.jpg in the back in a-master, breakpoint 320+450) this issue disappears, but I need that extra image in the back. This has happened to me before when for example an image and a text-box have overlapped slightly.

Heres the files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i8ng3u387q0r6p/00Muse-problem.zip?dl=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Starting step by step:

Master: Breakpoint at 320 unnecessary, nothing to "break" from here:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-14 um 21.21.45.png

Better to set it up like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-14 um 21.22.05.png

From Master move to "Menu Udkast":

I took away the footer element from the master and copied it to the page and grouped it to the upper elements.

The breakpoint at 320 is deleted as well and the issue is gone as far as I can see.

Does this help?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting step by step:

Master: Breakpoint at 320 unnecessary, nothing to "break" from here:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-14 um 21.21.45.png

Better to set it up like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-14 um 21.22.05.png

From Master move to "Menu Udkast":

I took away the footer element from the master and copied it to the page and grouped it to the upper elements.

The breakpoint at 320 is deleted as well and the issue is gone as far as I can see.

Does this help?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes, it looks like this fixes the problem. I wonder if it was the grouping that fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines