• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

objects cutting off page

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics on my header bar is being cut off in the browser, it is as if everything in the header bar has been moved left about 200 pixels. The master page shows it correctly and in Muse CC2018 they act fine but when I do a preview in a browser (Safari or Chrome) the elements are cut off. Each item is pinned to their respective corners and it makes no difference if I have the breakpoint set to fix or responsive it still happens. If I preview the master page is it all fine it is only happening on the pages I've added content to.

In Muse all elements are in the right place:

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 2.22.01 pm.png

When previewed in Safari or Chrome elements are all moved to the left and cut off:

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 2.21.34 pm.png

Nothing else is affected and the footer seems to be working fine.

Hope you can help.

--

Shane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

No. Fixed width pages have fixed width elements.

One „exception“: You may set some elements (rectangles, slide show heroes, …) to „Stretch to browser width“)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinning should b used very rarely in the current version of muse.

Could you provide a simple .muse with your elements?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm quite a novice when it comes to Muse (I usually use Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign), what do you mean by "provide a simple .muse with your elements?"

And how do I get my header elements to stay at the top of the page is I don't pin them there? I've been trying to learn off the net but much of the tutorials I've founds are from 2012 or 2014 and I believe this latest version of Muse has automated a lot of old ways of doing things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all pages but one and as many elements as possible, which are not related to the issue, you described,  and follow these instructions: Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Reducing your site makes it much simpler for us to analyze it and find the problems.

Additionally: Did you find these two knowledge sources:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dani+beaumont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, done that, and it looks like the problem is that the header bar on the master page is set to "fluid width" while the actual Muse page is set to "fixed width", is it not possible to have a fluid header over a fixed width layout page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. Fixed width pages have fixed width elements.

One „exception“: You may set some elements (rectangles, slide show heroes, …) to „Stretch to browser width“)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines