• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects won't move with Selection tool

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the sudden my selection tool will not move objects. I can move them with the arrows and am able to resize them fine. However, if I try and move an object by clicking and dragging... nothing. The objects are not locked either. I have restarted the program and still have the same issue. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hello Jkelly2

Very strange looks like it's about preferences corruption, ass you have mentioned the objects are moveable by arrow keys.

As a basic step and part of probing we can try performing the below operation to reset the corrupt preferences and see if works.

Solution 1: Reset Preferences

• Make sure Adobe Muse is not open.

For Windows:

• Go to the following path in Windows Explorer. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming
  • (Replace <user_name> with your username)
  • Look for a folder named as "com.adobe.Adob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jkelly2

Very strange looks like it's about preferences corruption, ass you have mentioned the objects are moveable by arrow keys.

As a basic step and part of probing we can try performing the below operation to reset the corrupt preferences and see if works.

Solution 1: Reset Preferences

• Make sure Adobe Muse is not open.

For Windows:

• Go to the following path in Windows Explorer. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming
  • (Replace <user_name> with your username)
  • Look for a folder named as "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION" and rename it to "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION_old"

For MAC:

• Go to Following location ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename the following folder by adding "_old" at the end of them
  • com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION and AdobeMuse

Now try to launch Muse and check if it works

Solutions 2: Uninstall and Reinstall

Uninstall Muse from Creative Cloud application

During the process please click "Yes Remove Preferences"

Once Muse is uninstalled and reinstall it and try to launch.

In the case above steps does not help please let me know we will try to do few more troubleshooting to fix this for you.

Regards,
Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the exact same issue - it's an artboard problem. If you take the object off the artboard, it won't move. The only resolve is to resize the image (drag or transform) so that part of it touches the artboard, and then move as need be. 

Something so stupid by Adobe... took me 5 hours to figure out with the help of a service guy for 2 hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in the right place?  You resurrected an old Muse topic from 2017. 

Since 2018, Muse is a discontinued & unsupported web authoring app.  Nobody should be using it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be glad you got it working. It's more then end of lifed, you will be better off switching to something else like WordPress with a pagebuilder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines