I am frequently having issues where the wrong images are displayed when site is uploaded via FTP. As with other discussions I have seen with the forums (which largely remain unanswered) the images appear correctly within Muse's Deign and Preview modes. I have had this issue before and had to delete everything from the server and upload. However, I do not want to have to resort to this method every time i get this issue, instead I need to know what is causing this error.
„Wrong images are displayed“ > Which „issue“ should we see? We don’t know which images are correct and which not.
What I see, are weird red outlined boxes, which seem to be from a 3rd party widget.
(And, by the way: Wich discussion „largely remained unanswered“?)
The issue as explained above is that the wrong images are displayed, one of the wrong images being the stretched image. Apologies if i did not make this clear enough for you. And please, help purely on the question I have asked, rather than your opinion of my background image's "weird red outlined boxes".
Without having a look at your .muse file probably nobody will be able to help. I mentioned these red frames on purpose, because it is possible, that 3rd party widgets cause the issue, you are encountering. Therefore my annotation in fact is intended to "help purely on the question" – believe it or not. It is not the best idea, to find a solution for a problem by restricting possible answers. But that is your decision.
My recommendation: Export your site as HTML locally to your machine, and have a look into the exported "images" folder on your disk. If an image is wrongly displayed, check, if the correct image is exported or not. If not, have a look at the filename of the wrongly displayed image and the one, which should be displayed instead (identical name, does the file name contain blanks, special characters, missing extensions).
If this doesn't help, I see no alternative as following this instruction: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652
The believe this issue may have been caused by using the same name for images on different pages. I believe when Muse exports your images that it does so incorrectly as a consequence of this.